Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another tyre size question I'm afraid...

Will need some new ones soon, currently got 255 40 18 ones on but would like to go wider.

Could I get away with 275 40 18 without too much rubbing action? Anyone else run that size?

I'm keen on the 40 profile to give a bit more comfort than at prsent (although I know that this varies with tyre type etc.).

Cheers for reading. :D

edit - I have searched, but there's little talk of rubbing and offset, and too many non-GTR posts (i.e. wide tyres at the rear only) :D

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy moley ru thats huge!...
<smug> Why thank you! ;) </smug>

Seriously, though, I'm sort of thinking 275 may be too big now.

Maybe I'll go for 265, I'm unsure.

To be honest the 255s rub the wheel arch liner slightly on full lock in reverse so maybe I've answered my own question. Problem is the 255s look 'stretched' on the wheels and I'm not into the dub look, lol :D

·
R32 GTR
1,562 Posts
lol I knew that was gonna happen to me one day! lol should think more before I post lol.

Anyways, 265s are stretched on an 9.5j wheel mine fit and no more. But I did quite a bit of research on wheel/tyre size to make sure it was as close to the right thing as I could get as I didn't want the handling of the car to suffer too much from having 19s and speedo indicating wrong etc.

I previously had 18s that had 265s and they were the wrong size, guy who had car before me put them on-too big. I can get away with it because my wheels are 19s.

sorry, does that make sense?

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, you can't blame me for signaturing that one! :D

I'm totally unsure what to get now.

I don't want to go too low on the profile as it's hard enough now as it is (oo-er).

Do you get any rubbing on the wheel arch inners, or was it just your arches which needed rolling? edit - scratch that, sorry, thought you had a 33.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts