Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all wear u'm and we all wear u'm out, some quicker than others.

I used to swear by Bridgestone SO2's, now I can't get them tried SO3's great but watch out when the wear down. Mine "went off" to perform like slicks in the wet well before then hit the tread wear gauge bump thingys. Now using Toyo Proxes but not as good as the SO2's, even after a few thousand miles.

Thinking of Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 (new type) next, anyone tried them?

Attachments

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
i could recommend yokohama's as an alternative there really soft and wear quickly but grip like s**t to a blanket.

·
Registered
89 Posts
F1's are the best tyre I've used - Shame they don't do them in OE GTR33 size or I'd have them now...

So if they do them in the size you'd need I'd have no hesistation in recommending them!

E

·
0 Posts
I`ve just found out by looking through the receipts from previous owner that he`s put ****ing wanky shitty remoulds on the rear corners!!!! No wonder i keep going sideways:mad:
I changed the fronts a while ago but rears looked ok so left them.
Sizes are 245 17 front,255 17 rear.
Anyone got some 255s going cheap?

E

·
0 Posts
I thought swear words were *****. Excuse my language. Cant be bothered to edit it.

E

·
0 Posts
Probably ****ing is. I`ll no doubt get a bollocking for swearing now. Oh well,**** it :rolleyes:

E

·
0 Posts
Exactly. They can edit it if they want or do some fancy computer thingy that blocks out swear words. Need tyres:(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eddie,

Don't know what cheap is but try this site for an online quote, NOTE you can only do about 3-4 searches before it asks you to phone a branch.

www.merityre.co.uk

You don't say which profile but this site produced these results for me;
255/40ZR17 GOODYEAR GSD3 are 114.52 each
245/40ZR17 GOODYEAR GSD3 are 134.46 each

As my SO3 cost me 150 each after a lot of haggle this sound cheap to me.

They also have an interesting artical on filling your tyres with Nitrogen.

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
Rubba

Pirelli P-Zero on at the mo', 245 / 45 / 17 on stock rims.

Going with 265 / 35 Pirelli P7000 when the 18x10's go on in a few weeks. Had 'em on the GT-S, only wagged the tail three times in three and a half years, and only when I really gave it death from standing on damp roads after long dry spells.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts