Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has made a crunching sound on gearchanges for a while (only when giving it teh beanz) and during a gearbox oil change we noticed that in fact the noise was due to excessive play on the prop shaft at the diff end.

This noise seems to be getting much worse now as today after a 'spirited' drive up a hill, it made such a loud crunch from the back (note this was not on a gear change this time) that I am now worrying.

Is it likely that the diff is fubar'd?

(note this car as you will all well know has been used on the drag strip and track countless times)

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
(note this car as you will all well know has been used on the drag strip and track countless times)
Never. Not once. Tescos on Saturday, that's all :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Sorry the diff is fcuked mate, I honestly thought it was the box as I told you :sorry:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you know something is wrong, I wouldnt rely on an internet based opinion tbh, you need it on a ramp or axle stands and to have a good look imo :)
We had it on a ramp when we did the oil change and the only thing we could see was wrong was the excessive play on the prop - there was very little crap that was on the gearbox plug so that was good. Maybe slightly worn synchro but nothing major and there was no play on the prop at the gearbox end.

What else can we check diff wise whilst up on the ramps?

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
go on skylinepart.com and give scotty a bell sure he'll have a used diff, there a doddle to fit

·
bla
17,374 Posts
I say the previous owner should pay the bill... :dogpile:

:rofl: ;) lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts