Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
North West Member
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its an R33 GTST series2 engine, stage 1 mods and RSP Stage1 ecu and the problem is no matter how high i set the gain on the greddy profec b, be it 10% or 15% even 20% it won't peak over .62 never reaching the .85 mark its a standard tubby and actuator any ideas anyone?

Cheers :cheers:

·
Cheese Monster
209 Posts
Its an R33 GTST series2 engine, stage 1 mods and RSP Stage1 ecu and the problem is no matter how high i set the gain on the greddy profec b, be it 10% or 15% even 20% it won't peak over .62 never reaching the .85 mark its a standard tubby and actuator any ideas anyone?

Cheers :cheers:
Make sure you have taken out the plastic bung on the profec B solenoid.

·
North West Member
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes to both above questions, thought maybe it could be the actuator sticking ... Can a sticking actuator cause the boost to plateau?

·
North West Member
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my settings are

set.......... 30
gain.........15%
set gain.... 50
warning.....85
limiter.......5

so which would i adjust Keith to get the boost upto the .85 mark.

Ta.

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
run a pipe straight from the nipple to the actuator,you should get 0.5.5 bar unless you still have the stock restrictor ring in and you will get 0.65 (depending on your mods obvoiusly),if ,you get stable boost and you hit full boost by 3k then its almost certainly the boost controller and the way its set up,to be honest i have had 3 avcr's,a profec b and a HKS unit,i replaced them all with an uprated actuator or a manual spring a ball type boost controller,i have never been able to get stable boost on any electronic boost controllers (especially the AVCR what a pain in the ass they were)i would buy a manual boost controller (mine cost £24 from e-bay and is ROCK solid on boost,way better than any electronic controller)i cant help you on your settings but for £20 i would at least try a manual ball and spring type controller and if that works then its either the controller itself or the settings

·
North West Member
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i would buy a manual boost controller (mine cost £24 from e-bay and is ROCK solid on boost,way better than any electronic controller)
Agreed mate i've never had confidence in the Profec.

I know I'm not Keith, however...
Sorry ru' missed the point you were makin but will adjust settings on your advice, cheers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Heya m8 try this out, might help! I have a profec B greedy but the 1 series manual, and it sure helped. I hear a lot of people complaining about unstable boost and whatnot, turns out its just a metter of understanding the device,

http://www.alamomotorsports.com/greddy/PROFEC_B_SPEC2.pdf

If it still doesent work its defenetly some hardware problem.

Pardon my english im from portugal!

Got the onyle R34 GTT in the whole country LOL. So imagine if I dont find out by myself how to mess arround with her, got nowhere to go.

Hope it helps!

Cheers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts