Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my GTS now 4 days and went for spin last night, guess what my clutch went. Have a six month warranty with motorplan so hopefully they will cover it if not the trader I bought it off will feel my wrath or pay himself, any advice guys, eva heard of motorplan, are part of London General Holdings. Am Gutted :mad:

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
oh blimey mate, bad news......good luck with the warranty though..but I have a feeling it wont be covered...

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Do you not have a period of automatic recourse for a few days if you bought from a dealer?

You would hope that any reputable outfit would help you either way.

Sorry to hear that and I hope it gets resolved quickly - hopefully the Skyline Smile will be back again soon.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
statutory rights are 3 months even with a private sale, but I am pretty sure you have a 30 day or 1000 miles within which you are able to return the car.

Give your local citizens advice bureau a call, thet'll know.

Let us know how you get on.

Moff

B

·
0 Posts
yeah its 30 days for a dealer.. kinda comes under the "goods which are not fit for the purpose that they were intended"

·
Registered
58 Posts
I doubt that the warranty company will pay for it as its wear and tear, your best bet will be to contact the person you bought it from.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have had a motorplan warranty before. If I remeber correctly as far as clutches goes if it has broken due to it being faulty etc it will be covered. If it has gone because of general wear and tear then it is not.

But that 30 day thing should still be in place - it is the same for any consumer good.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dealer has been quite helpful, the director was gonna pay himself but wanted me to pay for the parts, obviously i refused. Hopefully a friend of mine at V-Spec performance will do it and get paid through the warranty. As he is a mate he can say its not a worn clutch but a breakdown of something in the clutch which caused it. Only worry then is if they send an inspector, but am sure Lee at V-Spec will think of something !!

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
As far as I know the dealership HAS to honour any repairs needed due to failure within 30 days of purchase. I was told that by citizens advice when my AFMs went after 2 days.

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Oh dear bad news there mate. I think most people knwo the problems i had with dealers/warantees!

My advise would be to get it done through the dealer, and ask him to cover the costs. The warantee company are likely to send out an inspector. They did when mine went and that was for a cambelt...

May be worth getting a paddle jobbie and offering to pay the difference.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
That sounds like an excellent plan. lol

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
i believe all dealers have to supply a bonifide Warranty now which has a minimum length of 6 months. I would challenge him on it, or use the words trading standards......

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Sends chills down the spines of the most crooked dealers. lol

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ben spoke today with v-spec and hopefully they can sort it out on the warranty you have,he can do jobs for motorplan warranties etc just needs this confirmed with the co you purchased the car from and what exactly your warranty says(think yours covers clutches at the beginning of purchase).
Whatever happens it will be sorted.Gutted for you as we were going to have a meet soon ,somewhere near cardiff or v-spec at pontypridd,you've got my No keep us updated.
Cheers Jeff

·
Registered
469 Posts
Seriously try citizen's advice. They were a great help when I had a run in with the same mob as isaac hunt. They love having someone in who's not a doley trying to find out how to squeeze more cash out of the government.

And best of all it's free.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts