Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever run one of these? I have never heard of them but I am still very new to modding my skyline. (I haven't done anything) although I've had it about 5-6 years. I have been offered one would like some advice as funds are a bit shy of a link ecu.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,950 Posts
Unichip accesses the ECU via the OBD port, I would doubt very much that it can communicate with EOBD which is what import Skylines use, most OBD diagnostics cant read them, also I am pretty sure that you cant change any major ECU parameters via the OBD port on the earlier Skylines.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unichip accesses the ECU via the OBD port, I would doubt very much that it can communicate with EOBD which is what import Skylines use, most OBD diagnostics cant read them, also I am pretty sure that you cant change any major ECU parameters via the OBD port on the earlier Skylines.
Thanks for the advice mate.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If funds are tight, what about one of Bells/RSP chips - I think they're for R33 and not too bad priced.

Also quite cheap is the Ecumaster det3. It's a piggyback and does have base maps for Skylines. I thought about it for a while and haven't ruled it out. You might find it interesting reading even if it's not for you. However, there is an argument I've heard a few times for choosing your tuner then using the device they work with - rather than choosing a device then finding a tuner who works with it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If funds are tight, what about one of Bells/RSP chips - I think they're for R33 and not too bad priced.

Also quite cheap is the Ecumaster det3. It's a piggyback and does have base maps for Skylines. I thought about it for a while and haven't ruled it out. You might find it interesting reading even if it's not for you. However, there is an argument I've heard a few times for choosing your tuner then using the device they work with - rather than choosing a device then finding a tuner who works with it.
Yeah the tuner I spoke to about it said he'd heard of unichip, but he would not recommend it. He said if you're going to do it on the cheap blah blah blah. He works with link ecus and can map those. I have heard of the rsp chips. Might give them a call and find out a bit more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts