Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a good well made upgrade intake manifold. 93 R33 gtst Thanks!

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
GReddy.. but, it will cost you.
GReddy replicas are abundant and cheap... but not all are created equal. Some are ready to fit, some are not and need time/money spent on them.
Or there is the Plazmaman option but again, it will cost you.
Replicas are also available for much less money.
If they aren't what you're after - custom made.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So a godspeed product would just be a waste of time and money? Are there any cheaper alternatives to a greddy without putting garbage under my hood?

·
9,198 Posts
You'll need to elaborate on the godspeed product. I have no idea if it's their own manifold they are selling or if it's a replica of something else that they're rebranding as their own.
The replicas aren't garbage really... sometimes it is just a matter of resurfacing the flange to make it flat. Even if you buy a replica and had to spend a wee bit on it, it would still be less than the cost of a genuine GReddy plenum and it would perform exactly the same!

·
9,198 Posts

·
9,198 Posts
Ah yep, that's a GReddy replica... I can't comment on how good/bad that specific example is sorry.

·
Super Moderator
9,011 Posts
Unless your going for big power and need a lager throttle body, then the gains are zero to minute for fitting a front facing plenum.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Reducing the length of the IC pipe work hast to be a benefit, also keeping the pipe work away from the manifold hot side after cooling seems more logical a.. Along with looking the nuts, I'd say it has fair amount of benefit and allows top feed injectors.. :)

·
9,198 Posts
I fitted a RIPS front facing plenum on my 20DET... response was noticeably better and it came with a power gain. No loss in torque either, which a lot say you lose with the GReddy style plenum.
Tidies up the engine bay too :bigthumb:

...and my 20DET is a loooong way from pushing 600 horses ;)

Necessary? Probably not.
Worth it? Definitely!

·
Super Moderator
9,011 Posts
I am not saying its not a worthwhile mod if you want to tidy up and improve the look of the engine bay, just not worth it if you want more power, there are far better upgrades to spend your cash on if your looking for more power.

Anyone actually been on the dyno for a before and after plot when fitting a front facing plenum?

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
Yeah i did.. I made the same bhp give or take 1 or 2 ...however response was alot better overall..

With a greddy plenum (i got the proper greddy one) it helped overall With the gt3076r on a top mount but i don't imagine it made any more power tbh had i still had the oem installed.

Another thing to be aware.. The water rail that fits under the plenum needs bolts that are 10mm longer or you'll find it may leak like i did once it was up n running.

another thing.. You will swear like nothing else doing an oil filter change.. Those plenums are big.. A fair bit bigger than gtr one!!!

·
Germany East/Central Nord Rhein Westfalen
3,039 Posts
Here's one worth a look

350814679029 eBay item number

1 - 20 of 41 Posts