Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would take it to the garage but i never have time... Im so busy at the mo and just thinking about it does my head in, lol..... So i thought id just post this up quickly see what you guys think, Maybe im being abit of a Para... :)...

You can just make it out when i take off the throttle... :)

:attention: :cheers:

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Think you're hearing things. There's a slight sound of air, which I would assume is the screamer pipe. Don't hear anything odd though.

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
i can't here anything abnormal there

but i will say after fitting my japspeed all in one elbow and down pipe i could here a sucking sound long before the turbo spools up and thought i had a leak some where so checked all the bolts were tight which they were, i think it may just be the grade of stainless steel the use which might be ressonating the sound, you too may be experencing this:confused:

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol... cant really hear it on this vid but when your stood next to it you can....

Its like a rattle...... You can barely hear it but if you turn it ya pcs up and listen to when i take off throttle you can just make it out :)

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
just had another listen with the speakers right by my ear (sounds nice by the way what exhaust you got?)

and i would say it is the same as what i can hear with mine, it's just the stainless screamer pipe resonating the sound from the turbo.

give it a few weeks and i bet the sound will change as the 5hit builds up on the inside of the elbow.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol... Thanks, The exhaust is power extreme II, trust downpipe, rsp decat, japspeed screamer and my uprated tub :)

But if it was resonating why would it make a rattle???? :dunno: :confused:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
cummon mr.t before i watched it i thought yes thats his screamer pipe,do you think it sucked up some gravel into your tubby?:rofl:

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its definately not the screamer..... :slap: :dogpile:

Ive listened to it and it does sound like a whoosing on the vid but its a rattle.. Try turning up fully and listen to it. You can kind of hear the rattle.. Dunno why its quieter on here but its bludy loud when stood next to it... Ill try to get a better one uploaded tommorrow...

·
Premium Member
6,999 Posts
Shane i have just listened to it and i cannot hear any rattles at all, that sounds exactly the same as my car

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:rolleyes: Wheres the hit my head against a wall smilie.... :funny:

That sound isnt a whooshing, Its a rattle... Fancy coming down for a brew :rofl: lOl Im going to see if i can get a better vid now... lol

·
Premium Member
6,999 Posts
Shane if you want to have a drive down i will make you a brew ;)
my mate has a garage in Blackpool but he is more in to Scoobys but if you want him to have a quick peep over it let me know and i will sort it for you

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
I can hear a very feint whispering noise. You have to turn it up really loud...

"GB doesn't go down very well......GB doesn't go down very well......GB doesn't go down very well......GB doesn't go down very well......GB doesn't go down very well......GB doesn't go down very well......"

Must be Mr Banter :)

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol, the other vid sounds the same so im not uploading it... Took the mrs out with me and she said she hears something but she think its the pipe also... :slap:

Probably is me being para.. lol... But i still think its a rattle.. :) :rofl:

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shane if you want to have a drive down i will make you a brew ;)
my mate has a garage in Blackpool but he is more in to Scoobys but if you want him to have a quick peep over it let me know and i will sort it for you
Cheers buddy, I would if i could... But the car is sorn, no tax and its stripped ready for respray.. :doh:

Do you mean Scooby Techniks??

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
i found it quite funny and was jokin and tryin to :screwy: you up as you prob sussed me:) i cant hear no real problem noise nad i think with your mods or any other modded car your bound to hear sumthin superficial just rember u have 6clyinders 24 valves all banging away at idle:)

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i found it quite funny and was jokin and tryin to :screwy: you up as you prob sussed me:) i cant hear no real problem noise nad i think with your mods or any other modded car your bound to hear sumthin superficial just rember u have 6clyinders 24 valves all banging away at idle:)
Lol, i know what your saying buddy.. But i know all the other noises.. injectors, thats it, Lol.. Im sure its just me but id thought id check... Especially because ive just put the tub and screamer on and its appeared.... Can only be cautious.. Im only wary because the Mrs bought a GTO Twin Turbo with loads of noises and those noises turned out to be probs, (ended up with the bottom end gone and turbos dead :slap:) same with the skyline...Bought it with snapped studs and didnt know.. Though i was worried bout the noise.. :D

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
the rattle may just be the resonating of the exhaust as when i decatted my rover it rattles it nuts out between 3-5000 rpm all because thecats missing even though its a straight piece off pipe.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
But why would it do that??? It sounds like its coming from the tub!??!? Strange things cars, lol..

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
when did it start making the noise??

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
as soon as i put the tub and the screamer on.. Fitted them at the same time...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts