Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a uprated clutch for my mates 2.0 12valve.. I belive its a RB20E. Its been turboconverted, and the stock clutch just wont do.

Thanks,

·
Psssssssssst!!!!!!!
67 Posts
some 1 will have to confirm this but i think i remember hearing you can fit the RB25DET clutch kitt on it but you have to get the fly aswell .. sorry if im wrong

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am currently running an rb25det clutch and flywheel in my rb20e. Conceptua kindly supllied the clutch, best mod I ever did its great.

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
does using a rb25det clutch and flywheel on a rb20e affect it in any way? Like as in performance and the badpoints?
It might if the engine still n/a... I say might as I'm really not sure.
The turbo flywheel (20DET and 25DET are identical) are slightly larger than the n/a flywheel. It may suck a bit of power to get the thing turning due to more weight (larger = heavier)
How significant (or not) the effect is, I can't say

Do it and report back... You can test it on behalf of SO.com :bigthumb:

·
Registered
108 Posts
It wont effect your performance at all as they are literally identical (measured with a vernier gauge and weight guestimated by holding it). From memory it did look a tiny bit different, believe maybe the ring gear positioning but its been fine for me. It wasnt a performance mod, just means you have more options when selecting a clutch plus it provides more biting force so will hopefully last longer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think this the way I will go with my clutch, I need to get a new one soon as mine slips when accelerating.

Just need to get the money together to buy a RB25det clutch.

Is it easy to fit this to my RB20e?

·
9,198 Posts
Just need to get the money together to buy a RB25det clutch.

Is it easy to fit this to my RB20e?

No harder/easier than fitting an RB20E clutch.

·
9,198 Posts
I Have RB25DET Fly Clutch And Gearbox on the RB20e Should I change the diff and driveshafts or is it ol to run as it is?
There is no good reason why you would need to change the diff.... unless you're constantly spinning one wheel then an LSD would be recommended.

You might want to check the calibration of the speedo though, I'm not sure if the 20E and 25DET gearboxes have the same ratios... if they don't your speedo will be out!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive just converted my 20e r33 to rb25det.
I will be using the 20e gearbox..not for long tho.Fitted a rb25det flywheel clutch and pressure plate but when i bolt the gearbox back on to the motor the clutch fork gets jammed towards the front of the car does anybody know whats wrong?its almost like the clutch and pressure plate dont leave much room on the 20e gearbox shaft and forces the thrust bearing back jamming the clutch fork towards the front of the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts