Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
South East Area Rep
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as a treat for my birthday i got a rolling rd session yesterday. And after all i'd done to it, from almost std i was itching to see what it was up too, and too see if the time and money i'd spent on it was worthwhile.
A mate recommended a place that was a)cheaper than most and b) a guy that knew what he was doing, well he forgot to tell me something so read on.

I spent last week, giving it another service with filters, lube etc. I went over it meticulously to make sure it's as good as always. I bought an safc off of a guy that's on another forum and got someone to fit it for me saturday, plugged it in, got all excited that it's the icing on the cake after what i'd done....and nothing, it's dead :( Gutted!!!!
Where am i going to get an safc and fitted by tuesday morning......????
So after paying someone to find out, i'd bought a broken safc, kicking myself for not making sure it worked previously and sulking a bit, i had a ring round.
Question- with the mods on my car is it safe to have it rolled? Answer yes so it was still on for tuesday.
The guy who rolled it seemed to know what he was doing, taking into account it was a std auto bar exhaust and filter it rolled 262.8 atf bhp/257.2 lb ft last year, bit unreliable being an auto but seemed strong. Now it's been a manual for a while, and i would be more than happy with a reliable and healthy 300 bhp at the fly after the few bit's that have been done.
Well apparently it maxed out his computrickery, Oh right, my MATE must of forgotten to tell me that your comp only goes to 300 brake!!!! :spank:
FFS what have i got to do here? What rolling rd computer only goes to 300 bhp!! should i just give up now? kick again for being a cheapskate, not that i was paying but you know what i mean. Well it still reads on dial he say's (ol skool) lol i had to laugh before i cryed.
Well his dial figures said 330ish Bhp/ with 315+ ft lb torque atf, but is it me or does that seem a bit too steep, (cough pub talk) im a bit optimistic with that but well over the moon, as it made over my magical 300 mark with room to breathe.
So in the end i had a printout, but only upto 5329rpm from a maximum 7327rpm. :screwy:
So at 5329rpm, 0.7 bar, 88.3mph it made.....
[email protected](corrected)-310.1bhp
[email protected](pwr wheels+pwr loss)-305.2bhp
[email protected]
Power loss (calculated tyre's etc)-50.8bhp
Max torque speed 5299 rpm 87.8mph
Max engine torque(corrected)-305.7lb ft
After all the downer's i had before getting it there, to just see that cheered me up, and after being checked it was running as best it could, all through the range without the safc, makes me wonder??
So opinions on a rolling rd that does'nt need a bank loan to use, and i might just get a new safc fitted too?:spank:

·
South East Area Rep
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Auto diff
Exedy uprated clutch
Balanced flywheel
Ngk iridium's
Gtr fuel pump
Hks adjustable actuator
Apexi air filter
Japspeed exhaust, turbo elbow, downpipe, decat
Japspeed gtr fmic
Profec b boost controller
Fpr not yet fitted
Std injectors and turbo afaik
A nackered safc and possible generous rollers??
Im a realist and any views and opinions on this are welcome, although i know it needs rolling again to be certain :)

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Id say with those mods it is about right even a little on the low side.

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
With that spec I would expect 300 atf with standard managment and maybe .85b. With fuel triming I would add another 20-30hp.

Richard

P.S If I wasn`t miles away I would be more than happy to run it on the rollers for you.

·
South East Area Rep
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Richard for some reason you just make it sound like your the man for the job.
Were you previously a salesman? :D

Pm me some details of where you are in hampshire, im still on map books so i'l need full address, and a number and i'l give you a ring :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts