Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will be driving a bit to glasgow to see what the motors here are like (have an ok lookin skyline there)... anyone heard of them before i go?

www.1stchoicecarsglasgow.co.uk/

Thanks guys!

·
Standard,plain and simple
1,649 Posts
i had a look through his cars ,some look very nice , i have never dealt with them so cant coment , is the black skyline 2.5 gts with 280bhp the one your looking at ??
looks very nice , good luck with getting one :)

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, and also (cough cough) the yellow m3. cant tell what the front looks like as i hate witha passion the gtst std front (sorry all with it). Just because its not in the best area of glasgow, so hoping all is ok...

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
is that not pretty expensive for that skyline?
never heard of them though mate. Although i had a few bad experiances with car dealers in Glasgow but im sure they all cant be shady.
good luck anyway.

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what do yo uthink would be a good price for it?

still not seen your r34 around dundee yet... everytime im there always keep my eye out for it!...

well, might drive up on sun to see what they are like....

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Rico said:
what do yo uthink would be a good price for it?

still not seen your r34 around dundee yet... everytime im there always keep my eye out for it!...

well, might drive up on sun to see what they are like....
im not totally up to date on prices but ive seen plenty about the £6000 mark, are there not any guys on here selling any? I think Les(turbob12) on here is selling his gtst he lives near sterling and it has full kit nice rims and bayside blue paint is well quick too.I can pm him if you want. And my car is down at Rod Bell's getting sorted at the mo will be there for a wee while but i will pm you next time im going to crail or knock hill and arrange to meet up with you ok mate.

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that would be great mate! appreciate that!

i just keep thinking, i can dontate some limbs, eyes, blood, kidneys and other useless parts for a r34 .... :drool:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
the gts-t does seem a little over priced unless it's got stacks of reciepts and u.k. history.
i would go for the VW BORA!! looks well nice!!
actually that skyline looks remarkably similar to RABENJAQ's car!!
at the end of the day anyone can have a nice looking glitzy website. you need to get down there and look over most of the cars to get an idea of what type of condition the cars they sell are. check warrenties and back up service. stuff like that.
i would like to think my next car ( hopefully a skyline or RX7 ) will be bought from a dealer, but they can dissapear over night!! so there's no solid peace of mind.
just make sure you take a load of common sence with you, and deal with your head and not your heart!!
good luck

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Rico said:
that would be great mate! appreciate that!
what pm'inng Les or meeting you at a show?
I could phone Les and speak to him about selling his car and pm you his no. if you want.:)

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, going to a few places to look over some machines (in glasgow, fife, and dunblane). See what happens.

dont have a pic of les's car at all anywhere? would prefer to see a little pic before annoying him...

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tbh what i really want is a r33 gtr (still over budget) or a gts with a gtr kit. in black ..... that would get the cash from my hands instantly!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Rico said:
tbh what i really want is a r33 gtr (still over budget) or a gts with a gtr kit. in black ..... that would get the cash from my hands instantly!
Well Les's has got a 400R GTR body, kit polished rim 5 spokes and a very expensive first class bayside blue respray as well as plenty mods under the bonnet. it really is stunning and i know he has spent a fortune on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Les's car is very nice indeed. Don't think the respray is that old either, should be in good condition!

Never noticed that company in the link before, but it does seem very expensive for that gts-t. I've got one of a similar (slightly better) spec, same year and paid less than that.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Ahh theres my old white beastie next to Gordons :(

Another thumbs up for Les's car mate check it out before looking at others - its quality paint job and he put a fair bit of effort into doing the "right" mods under bonnet :)

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
appreciate the help here guys.. that is an attractive piece of kit.. starting to do some insrance qtes now... need to find ins for about 600-700 max mark. really difficult for skylines for some reason. can get a qte for 500 for a m3 evo!

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, i went up to glasgow to see the motors. the m3 was in need of some serious tlc - i suspect has a bad electrical problem (turn the key so it tests electrics, and the entire lighting board on the dash flickers like mad!)

The skyline was not so bad. Interior seems good (had skyline mats, etc). a few holes in the drivers side pillar (persumably where there was gauge pods) which were filled in my a crappy round plastic thing. The big problem was the passangers driver side lock was missing and the rear loch cover (says skyline) was snapped off. they said will replace when purchased. The front splitter needs a re-spray as well, and the lights were pretty yellow. Other than that, the engine started nicely, no smoke at all. no signs of rust or any accident damage. I just get the feeling that it was an attempted (or sucessful) theft. if so, i should be able to haggle that price right down if i dont find a nicer one. Origninally it was bought from mackay trading (still has their name on the number plate)!

Anyway, any opinions on what i have described? Cheers!

·
A Paddy with power
73 Posts
There's enough good condition Skylines around at the moment.

Have a good look around before parting with your cash.

Work out if the money you get off for the damage will be enough to cover putting it back together properly.

Don't forget to factor in labour costs as well as parts.

And forget the M3 unless you are good with BM electronics.

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for the info, and kinda agree with the m3.

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
anyone know much about vine place? they have some nice r33's, but are a long long way from me :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts