Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
R32 GTR
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fitted one before?

It looks like a pig of a job but its gonna have to be done. Does the whole dash etc have to come out?

Anyone out there nice enough to put some idiot proof instructors together for me? Or know where to get them from?
:confused:

L :)

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
thats a wright burst nuckle job that done them before but not on a skyline best of luck sorry i cant help pm speedr33per stevie

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
I think you only need to take the lower part of the dash out from around the DIN cage, if even that. Unbolt the heater control, then slide it sideways a bit and it should come out.

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
Horrible Job,,

If its anything like the R33, make sure you have a whole weekend free, as its dash out job.

Moff

·
Registered
344 Posts
I had to do it on my Impreza and it was a pig of a job! Worth it in the end though, just make sure you take plenty pics of what goes where along the way.

This is what i was left with:

Good Luck!

·
R32 GTR
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
help?!someone? I'm cold

Ok It's like -5 and there is ice outside and I REALLY need to fix my heating if possible.

I have taken the glove box out... have to start somewhere but I have no idea what I'm looking at behind. I'm looking for little metal bit that controls the valve to see if its stuck..see picture.

I'm guessing the heater blower housing is going to be around it what does that look like and am I anywhere close?

help!?

·
Registered
358 Posts
There is a servo motor that moves the valve that controls the flow of water through the matrix according to the heater settings and by the interior temp sensor, this system is known to fail fue to faulty temp sensors and or wiring or motor. It is almost possible to feel this valve up the side of the heater unit to the left of the centre consul. It should be possible to manually move it to the hot (or the other) position if the system has failed, try reaching up from the underside to see if you can feel it (ooh err) if it moves but there is no change in heat then the matrix may be blocked.
;)

·
R32 GTR
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Ok I'm gonna be a dumb blonde, here, is that big white thing the heater unit?

I can't get the panel to the bottom left of the centre console off becasue its a self tapper...

should I still be able to reach up and feel it?

Yes I have looked at the manual-nothing about the matrix in it, I also have the parts diagrams but they are about as useful as a chocolate boiler suit

·
R32 GTR
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I give up, think I'll leave it to the professionals.

Its a good job I can fit in my seat upsides down but I can't get my hands anywhere because of the blowers, I seen a lever thing attached to a white plastic thing but it was quite low down (in line with the bottom of the centre console) I thought it would be a bit higher??

sorry for my laim descriptions

1 - 20 of 33 Posts