Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Turbo kicked in yo!
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home in the skyline and about 5mins away from my house noticed that the temp gauge had gone from being half way up (as it always usually is) up to almost the little line before the big one at the end of the gauge.
iv had been sat in traffic for a while but A. that happens fairly often and ive never noticed it move this much, and B. I drove for about 15mins after the traffic so it had plenty of time to cool again before i got home.
I cant see any water leaks but the brown bottle to the left of the relay box is very hot and the pipe that leads away from the top of the rad (just under the cap) is bloody hot! it burns if you just rest your hand on it!
left it sat on the drive for ten mins with the engine running and the gauge did come back down.
ive just had a FMIC fitted so could it be related to that?
is it safe to drive?

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
unless you had the rad off to install the fmic i doubt it affected anything,could be a sticking thermosat or possibly an air lock in the coolant system

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
Whatever I'd get it checked out soonest; the standard temp guage (imho) generally doesn't move away from about the half way point unless it's seriously hot (never seen mine ever move from its 'normal' position, even with varying oil temps)

·
Turbo kicked in yo!
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the garage i use is an hour away- should i recover it there or risk driving it?

·
Turbo kicked in yo!
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
think thermostat is sticking
was out in it last night for ages- it started to overheat once so i stopped and it was fine all night.
been out today and its fine again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts