Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very unusual request but I am hoping that all avenues can be used.

I am searching for my son, he is 19 years old now and was living in the Rushden/Wellingborough/Burton Latimer area in 1989 when I left the area to return to the Island.

It is vitally important I find him, not to drag up the past but to possibly keep his future health in check.

Anyone who is in the area of Northants can you PM me and I will let you have details of who he is.

Thanx in advance.

Ally

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My son's name was Lewis Andrew Dunn. His date of birth is 11.06.85, born at Kettering General Hospital. My ex husband's name is Shaun John Dunn, formerly of West Crescent, Rushden. Shaun has a brother, Gary, who at the time owned/managed Barnwell Mill pub/restaurant in Oundle.

This is really important. He may not be in Northants anymore, he may not even be in this Country, I don't know where he is.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx, Jaffa, Si..needle in haystack and not alot of time to find it. I have contacted Northants County Council and had my car been ok I would be driving up there and going all over the places I once knew, visiting neighbours etc....

I don't have any family left and lost contact with everyone there when I left the area.

I appreciate any help finding out where he may be. I don't want to disrupt his life by appearing out of the blue, I just want to make sure he is ok and healthy.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nite, I am not even sure he will have the same name. I am hoping he will be on the electoral role up there, if he still lives in Northamptonshire.

N

·
0 Posts
so basically ya aint looked in the phone book ,, jesusss....... , get on wiv it .

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just been doing searches of the online phone directories from BT. No-one listed under L A Dunn. Possible he could be ex directory or out of the area all together. Shall keep searching for him. Still be better to be able to retrace steps up there than sat down here, but without transport..big enough to take high miles and probably spend nights in..looks like its going to be quite a long process. For all I know he could have had his name changed. A lot can happen in 16 years from when I last saw him.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi lone wolf, I live 5 miles from Rushden but don't recognise the name.I know and work with a guy from Rushden called Mick Dunn about 50 yrs old. I'll ask him tom. If you need me to check anything up here for you i'll do my best but cant promise anything.Gee

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Good luck with the hunt Ally - have you tried Friends Reunited - maybe contact any friends from his year etc???

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers Vicki, shall contact them next..been in touch with Salvation Army and Friends Reunited and a few others so far. Its made slightly difficult cos I left him behind when he was 3yrs old so schooling and so forth is totally unknown to me. But shall keep plugging away, I have to know where he is and soon.

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
I've just done a search on 192.com as I have a Gold membership and it allows access to the 2002 electoral register. There are a number of L Dunns in Major cities such as birmingham and london but then it struck me, if the lad was born in 1985 he won't show up on 2002's register - its one year too early.
I don't have access to 2003s register cause it's premium rate and I don't need it.
You could sign up yourself if you want it that much and I would suggest a comparitive search of 2002/2003s registers for L Dunn would quickly point out new registrations.
Also, unlike directory enquiries, you can't be "ex-directory" on the electoral register without very good reason so unless he was very deliberately hiding. I would suggest if you have no joy in his old haunts, start looking at worker migration patterns for the area. You will probably find he's moved off to Milton Keynes, Corby or Birmingham. How much time you want to spend on this and how important it is to you will likely determine your success.

I wish you luck.

Jamie.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I only found 1 Lewis Dunn

On electoral register search - not sure if it's 2002 or 2003. But I found one Lewis Dunn without a middle initial. The other Lewis Dunn's had C or E middle initial.

The one without the initial was in Glasgow - I can PM the details if you want.

HTH

Iain
ex R33

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Many thanx for the information wsurfa, it could be the same person, I can't be sure. He has a bit of a past. Shaun and his brother were adopted by Eileen and Gerald Dunn when Shaun was 5 and Gary 7. His biological father is/was Stephen, tho I don't have his surname. Shaun has had a service past, serving in 2 Para til around the mid 1970's when he was dishonourably discharged.

Anyway, thanx again, you have a PM.

I been in touch with Social Services in Northampton today by phone, they are looking through their records as to what happened to Lewis. Seems he went into foster care in 1990. Once they have done more research they will be back in touch, obviously with the weekend, that won't be til next week now.

Had I got my car road legal I would go up to the area tomorrow for a scout round, including the Poddington area, thinking along the lines that the average 19yr old is likely to be a bit car mad. There will be other opportunities though.

In the meantime, thanx again for everyone's help, the search will go on til I find out what happened to him.

Ally

1 - 20 of 30 Posts