Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here is what is going on....

My car is a 1995 GTST, just a second ago I started the car. It was fine, it started right up as normal! Now, as I backed up I thought I had killed the car by bogging it down. I don't know if I did but that's what it sounded like. Now the car will not crank. It will turn over and turn over and not crank however, it catches at one point like it wants to crank. I didn't do anything to the car, it just started this after backing it up a little bit. It couldn't possibly be something wrong with the engine could it? I mean, I just backed her up??? I am confused. It reminds me of a fuel issue but I am not a mechanic so please help me out with this one. Oh, and this is my daily driver, so I need it to work today. -_-

I also have this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGJvC4150MY

·
bla
17,374 Posts
1. Remove the fuel injector/fuel pump fuse
2. Turn your ignition. It'll rev for a few seconds and then stop. Wait a minute, then turn it again. (don't turn and hold longer than 10seconds, it'll drain the battery).
3. Put the fuel injector fuse back
4. Turn on the ignition. The car should now start.

Hopefully....

It could also be the fuel pump.. can you hear it priming?

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I could test the fuel pump. Could you instruct me as to how.

Flooded engine? Hmmm I will go out there a little later and try again before I test then, but I have never really heard that from a fuel injected car. Maybe though, I HOPE???!?!?!

I am 20 years old but I am nearly deaf, let me go back outside I will be right back guys...

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,712 Posts
pull the fuel line off the bottom of the fuel filter in the engine bay, point it down into a bucket or somthing, turn engine over, is the fuel pump priming and pumping fuel out

CAS sensor plug clicked in ok too?

think when i did that to diagnose my duff fuel pump, we unplugged the CAS to be sure it wouldn't do any damage

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Further answering questions....

The fuel pump IS priming. =(

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My bet is that youve flooded it then..

When it turned of did you turn on straight away??
I did turn on the car right away. It died, I turned the key. Should I use your method or can I just wait awhile and try again before testing the others such as fuel pump...

Also, the wiring I will go over while I wait, if I find something came loose I will definitely let you know. I didn't touch it though.

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What I would like to know is that, if this car IS flooded. Can I do like a lawn mower and just let it sit and it will take care of itself?

·
bla
17,374 Posts
No..

It will sit there until you get it started and it will all (petrol) shoot through the exhaust when started... May damage cat if you have one on..

A flooded engine is an internal combustion engine that has been fed an excessively rich air-fuel mixture that cannot be ignited. This is caused by the mixture exceeding the upper explosive limit for the particular fuel. An engine in this condition will not start until the excessively rich mixture has been cleared. It is also possible for an engine to stall from a running state due to this condition.
Engine flooding was a common problem with carbureted cars, but newer fuel-injected ones are immune to the problem when operating within normal tolerances. Flooding usually occurs during starting, especially under cold conditions or because the accelerator has been pumped.

Try the method i posted...

It can also help if the accelerator is pressed to floor and held down before you turn the key.

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GTST Tyoe M, you are the hero today.

You called it, after you said it wouldn't work to leave it sitting, I went ahead and removed the fuse, started it up... just like you said it started, cut off.... Then I started her back up and she shook a second and purred at me like she was happy again. I am not going to get my hopes up too high but I want to thank you sincerely, because I was shaking that something may be wrong with my baby. =(

Considering I can't get parts like you guys can, I am very very happy with this prognosis you gave me and the end results.

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My trunk has nothing in it so everything is exposed luckily. I know where the fuse is and it is very easy to pull it. The CAS I don't think I want to mess with really, even though I know that I probably wont hurt anything I would rather be safe than sorry.

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ru' it is in the trunk fuses near the battery and is in English! =)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.