Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, was driving back from town tonight and as i glanced down my oil pressure was on zero!!! Obviously i stopped ASAP, checked everything and all looked good. Plenty oil and no leaks underneath.
Looked back at the gauge and it was settling on around 3, which is lower than normal which is 4. Drove off again as it was only 2 miles til i got home, and it stayed on 3 til i accelerated then dropped back to zero?

Sorry for the vague question but i'm sh**ting it incase its something serious!!! Any ideas anyone???:confused:

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
is it the standard oil gauge in dash mate??

·
Registered
760 Posts
One of my skyers does the same, i wouldnt worry, its only a ball bearing playing up, probably got a bit of sludge round it, as long as theres oil in it, thats the main thing!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah its the standard one mate....def think i need an aftermarket one now!!!

@loz dog....does it clear itself or am i gonna have to dismantle it? There's def oil in it though :)

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
standard ones are notorious for failing mate get an aftermarket one asap buddy

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do mate!! :) Are they easy enough to fit though, as i'll only have 3 days when i get back from Norway before i have to drive the 300miles or so back home to Scotland!

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
i believe so mate cant be too hard lol i still have standard gauge too:rofl::rofl: and u live in scotland mate?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As long as it's going to be ok to drive for just now. I had horrible vision of oil pump failure and all sorts....see what owning a Scooby did to me!!!!

Yes mate, i'm from the Shetland Isles, so heading home for xmas to see the folks. 300miles, 2 ferries and 26 hours later i should be there lol

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
well as long as there is oil in it AND your oil light goes out you should be fine because if you had no gauge the oil light is the only other indication of oil pressure. and happy driving mate lol

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers mate and thanks for your help there. An yeah, no oil light at all so i'll be able to sleep tonight now.

Now......best go and find me a decent gauge then :)

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
keep an eye on the light anyway and happy driving lol

·
Registered
760 Posts
The gauge is all over the place to be honest, i only ever make sure that dreded light dont come on!

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers mate, what part of the block does it fit to then? Is it easily seen as had a wee look and couldnt see nothing resembling this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts