Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've enjoyed reading this forum and seeing many of your projects. Lots of good info on here.

Here is my current build -

Nissan Skyline R33, wrecked at a track in 2005, bought cheap, fixed front clip. Now starting the swap. Not a high dollar build by any means. I've done a few other swaps, this is not my first. Plan on doing a turbo ls1.

photos -

full photo album here - http://www.z28evans.com/album/thumbnails.php?album=28&page=1

Why ls1?

I like them. I like their power band. It is cheaper for me to make my power this way than to go with an RB.

James

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And the current update -

Motor is in, mounts are made, etc. Fitting took some time but it came out nicely. Right now i plan on keeping A/C, etc.

GTO oil pan with a few mods, this is a junk pan i used for test fitting. Similiar to a 240sx pan mod, but with a little more clearance.

Shifter position came out great, no need to off-set the shifter, etc.

The sticking point was the RHD steering getting in the way of the starter. A mini-starter in conjunction with moving the rack about 1/2 in to the right leaves clearance. I was originally going the have the motor down and back a little more, but i needed to move the motor up to help clear the steering. Good thing there is room in the engine bay.

cut steering rack mount welds -

Moved the mounting pad a little. After welding and paint it will look stock.

Steering rotated to the closest fit position, there is more room than it appears in the photos -

link to more photos - new photos on page 8 - 10

Evans Family Photo Album - Sky

Next up is turbo research, single or twins, etc. Need to order some so i can make the pipeing , etc.

James

·
gttjohn
953 Posts
wow serious build there man i would do somthing simular if my engine ever blows up how much for such an engine and how much bhp and torque my friend

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, i'm not going for too big HP (about 700 whp max ), it will see track days, drift , drag etc. Mainly drift though.

It has Silk Road coilovers, KAAZ diff - and i'll be doing other stuff to the suspension.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Dunno how I feel about it, love skylines, love ls1s, I even love ls1 swaps into random things but for some reason into a skyline i feel hurt by it. Props for the originality though. I'm sure it will take some hard work so i can definitely appreciate that, good luck with it keep the updates coming.

·
Seasoned Member
4,032 Posts
ha a propper engine! no rip off prices,stupid ringland issues,crank collar probs or spun bearings!rb is dirt lol nice build for sure!

·
Registered
478 Posts
You do realize that the only way this project thread can really be cool is when you post a vid when it's running?? ;) ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks guys, it will probably take me a year to finish as budget, time, other projects, etc allow.

I have the turbo picked out (Turbonetics TC76 ), still checking a few things over before i order parts, piping, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No Skyline updates yet, been busy at work and a few other car projects. My main hold up is money, i need to order the turbo parts to fab them up, etc. It will probably be a month or so before i have much to report on for it. I will probably start the body work and other small misc that i can do until i have the money to play with on this car.

Thanks, and i will update things as interesting stuff happens :)

James

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.