Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im a newbie so be gentle,
i have just purchased a r34 gtt and am waiting for it to be deliverd (cant wait), thing is my job has just changed and i have lost my company car (but gained a cash bonus :) ), i also own a modded seat toledo v5 170 which the missus uses for the school run etc, always fancied a liner and got it for weekends and holidays etc , but now ive lost my company car (used to do 18k a year now im central so im going to be doing about 6k, hence the loss of the company car). My question is will the liner be ok to use as an everyday commuter (approx 12 mile round trip in heavy traffic), or shall I buy a cheapy day runaround, (give it to the wife and use the v5 as a commuter) so to speak and keep the liner for fun. To be honest I would like to use it as much as possible.

It’s a r34 gtt with 56k on clock and some minor sensible mods such as filter , zorst Apexi-i Super Air Flow Controller and Apexi Rev Counter, I know apparently there can be problems with turbos after 60k but can I use it all the time to commute etc ?

Thoughts appreciated

Chris

·
Registered
822 Posts
Hello and welcome here!!

Yes, why not...??

I am having a R33 Skyline and it is my daily ride. Also it sits in the regular daily traffic jam. No problem! Skylines are reliable cars.

Greetings from Holland!:wave:

PS:don't call a Skyline a "liner"...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry my skyliner , like i say was going to use it as a toy! (and mod it) but may leave it standard for a while as a commuter, i know they are reliable just worrying a bit
thanks

christian

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
No problem with turbos after 60k who ever told you that hasn't a clue, the only thing that will stop you using it as your daily drive is petrol costs...

Remember these are Nissan's not Ferrari's or Lamborghini's they are built to be driven every day and last...

Oh and welcome :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
hi mate just use it if u worried then put a cover on it and leave it in the garage i had a 34 gtt with plenty of mods and yes daily drive

if something breaks credit cards are for
thx amo

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry chaps another typo skyline !
been listening to my son for too long

a mate of mine who had a r32 gtr told me about the 60k problem, glad its not true :)

and ta for the welcome

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
R34 GTT's are built for commuting. Tamer version of the GTR

I do a 20 mile drive each day in mine and no problems. But then I don't sit in traffic (did today for the first time and got rear ended).

Plus traffic jams were designed for us Skyline owners to sit in and pose :D

Welcome by the way :wave:

·
Registered Loser
448 Posts
hello there ive got a gtt and when i got it it had 60,000 on the clock. two and a bit years later it has 87,000 and not one problem, only the obvious costs of servicing and tyres and alot of petrol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow thanks for making me feel so welcome i get about 21mpg in my v5, wot will i get in my r34 ? , must admit i do love the idea of using it everyday :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
I've got a highish mod'd BNR32 and it gets used to go shopping, school run etc and she aint let me down (apart from imoboliser taking wobbly) go on use it as your daily , you know you want too LOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
used to have a 33 gts and now 34gtt both with sim mods do about 20k a year traveling to various sites and never had any probs fair enough bit more pricey to run than my other cars but i think whats the point in having a car like that and leaving it at home 99% of the time when you can be out having fun in it get about 24 mpg under normal runs part motorway part country lanes but had it down to about 16 when racing M3 once and did manage 28 once over 100 mile M/way trip driving sensibly just to see what i could get

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
used to have a 33 gts and now 34gtt both with sim mods do about 20k a year traveling to various sites and never had any probs fair enough bit more pricey to run than my other cars but i think whats the point in having a car like that and leaving it at home 99% of the time when you can be out having fun in it get about 24 mpg under normal runs part motorway part country lanes but had it down to about 16 when racing M3 once and did manage 28 once over 100 mile M/way trip driving sensibly just to see what i could get
My keyboard has a full stop, and a comma, and shift key for capitalising sentences. What are you typing on, one of these?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts