Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, anyone on here from the west of Ireland? Anyone know where to get V-Power or any 97+ Octane petrol anywhere round Mayo? Shell in Castlebar doesn't stock it anymore and don't have the cash for a re-map to 95 right now.

Have also heard texaco petrol is supposed to be quite good.

·
BOOOOOST
1,863 Posts
not that this helps..though i know that there aint much places in the south that stocks it...i have many many times on trips south of the border looked for them and never found one......always handy just to keep a few bottles of octance booster in the car incase you are ever caught out :)

·
A Paddy with power
73 Posts
There's none.

Simple as that.

There was a lengthy discussion over on www.octane.ie last year about the quality of petrol over here and even the "good" stuff still isn't the quality you'll need.

My R-34 is the GTT so it runs on the rubbish stuff, but I bough a TVR Cerbera last year and had to go for the "standard" 4.2 instead of the 4.5 "Red Rose" 'cos of the issue with the petrol.

Re-map or blow up ..... they are our choices.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's none.

Simple as that.

There was a lengthy discussion over on www.octane.ie last year about the quality of petrol over here and even the "good" stuff still isn't the quality you'll need.

My R-34 is the GTT so it runs on the rubbish stuff, but I bough a TVR Cerbera last year and had to go for the "standard" 4.2 instead of the 4.5 "Red Rose" 'cos of the issue with the petrol.

Re-map or blow up ..... they are our choices.
Re-map or blow up, hmmm, can I just confer for a moment.......BOLLOCKS!!! Sound thanks for the help. Where are you based yourself? I'm guessing it's nowhere near me or you'd be the talk o' the toon with a TVR cerbera.

·
A Paddy with power
73 Posts
Re-map or blow up, hmmm, can I just confer for a moment.......BOLLOCKS!!! Sound thanks for the help. Where are you based yourself? I'm guessing it's nowhere near me or you'd be the talk o' the toon with a TVR cerbera.
Sorry for not replying to you sooner, I didn't see the post 'til now (I don't get on this forum much).

No, I'm a bit from you.

I'm in Tipp.

Still, on a calm night if you listen carefully you might just hear the Cerb. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts