Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My understanding of the differences is that there is a slightly quicker reacting ATTESA system and it is lowered by 10mm over the standard GTR.

Most standard cars seem to have been lowered anyway therefore is it worth the extra money that most of the V Specs seem to command?

May be missing something significant here but would appreciate any advice...

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you are right - and it is on the R33 as well as the 34 I think.

Has anyone driven them straight after each other and is the differnece really that great?

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
I have been told by many tuners thats if you didn;t know it was a vspec would you not be able to tell the difference, I have driven both and unless you drive it on the limit there is no or very little difference unless you hit the absolute limit.. Evem on the track you would be hard pushed to know the difference..

R

·
0 Posts
hehehehehehee

We are all doing the same homework Nick, i checked it out and apart from the diffusers, suspension set up and a couple of other bits and bobs not a lot of difference from the cockpit side of things.

I made my mind up to go for a non-vspec and spend the extra g's saved on tweaks.

Andy

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
The non v is lighter than the V ( only just ) Plus they are as u say 10mm higher on the suspension. The other difference is the active LSD which tranfers the power on the rear wheels left and right depending on where the traction loss is..

NonV Vspec
Curb Weight (kg) 1,530 1,540

Visually there is no difference

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
AppleJack said:

NonV Vspec
Curb Weight (kg) 1,530 1,540

Jeez that is a small difference - just lose a few pounds Nick and save yourself a few £'000! Oops - not that I'm saying you need to mate!:D

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
I have driven both, and I really dont think you would notice the difference unless you were heavily into your track days and pushed it to the limit....

·
Registered
87 Posts
The only difference I've found is when the boy racers come up to you and ask "Is it a V-Spec?" I can say "Yes". :rolleyes:

To which the response is always.... "Cool!"

Like they know the difference! I'm sure it's only because the V-Spec is more expensive in Gran Turismo! ;)

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Didn't think there was much of a price differential these days to be honest. If I were you I'd go for the best condition car that suits both your requirements/plans and budget.

If you happen to find a V-Spec that fits the bill then fine but I wouldn't set my mind on specifically buying a V or a non V....just see what's out there.

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Isaac Hunt said:
Are you lot honestly telling me you cant tell what difference the vented rear diff makes on the Vspec? :rolleyes: :D
Only when you get on your hands and knees and look under the car... :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts