Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SuprSkyline
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, be honest guys...

Which type of engine is actually better...an Inline 6 or a V-6...and I am talking about in terms of Power, and Torque...obviously I know that it depends on what is on the engine...and how big the components are, blah, blah...what I am talking about is just right down to bare bones...which one is capable of more hp and torque...which would be more upgradable...which one would be a more reliable engine...and which one is the easiest to build????

Thank you all ahead of time...

Suprman!!!

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
V6's do create some massive torque, but all the big power engines i know are straight 6's like skylines, supras, turbo'd BMW's.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Okay, be honest guys...

Which type of engine is actually better...an Inline 6 or a V-6...and I am talking about in terms of Power, and Torque...obviously I know that it depends on what is on the engine...and how big the components are, blah, blah...what I am talking about is just right down to bare bones...which one is capable of more hp and torque...which would be more upgradable...which one would be a more reliable engine...and which one is the easiest to build????

Thank you all ahead of time...

Suprman!!!
wouldnt say one is more capable than the other, just depends how deep your wallet is. an engine is only as reliable as its components and importantly the way they are put together and mapped. RIPZ claim to have never had an engine failure on one of their rb30s running standard internals at up to 700bhp on track and strip. its all in the tune.

you can have whatever you want made if its not available off the shelf.

wouldnt say theres a lot of difference to work on them either, just make sure its longitudinally mounted and not transverse. look in the bay of a GTO. i quite fancied one till i opened the bonnet (and did some proper research):D :D :D

·
bla
17,374 Posts
gto = piece of heavy but quite fast crap... :D lol i talk from experience... a bad one at that

As bruce said....

My mas v6 cant compare and the tuning for the skyline is never ending...

·
SuprSkyline
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys...

·
4,143 Posts
inline 6 is better as the nature of it allows a strongs build and thicker walls.
it also can be balanced better than a v as well but to be fair unless you are going stupid then both will do the trick

·
Registered
310 Posts
Would definately sway towards I6. Like has been said take a look under the bonnet of a GTO or 300zx...bit of a nightmare in terms of all the plumbing for intercoolers, radiators, manifolds and turbos. Suppose they have a small advantage in that the engine is shorter and sits in the back of the engine bay so less weight out over the front wheels...

I6 is supposed to be the best harmonically balanced configuration...

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
I had a mazda Mx6 which was bril for low down torque but as the other guys said its poo for tunung and thats why I have my beloved skylark :ylsuper:

·
SuprSkyline
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay, thank you, that is what I was looking for...thanks guys!

·
SuprSkyline
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that's what I was thinking!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts