Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Points don't mean prizes!
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm not about to start moaning about not having a partner blah blah blah but more to the point about I've just paid £40 for some bloody roses, what a rip off. Hopefully it'll get me some peace and quiet and brownie points for the immediate future, still £40 :spank:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ive just payed the same however she got me a bycass kit an front tension rods :) think I got the better deal lol :dogpile:

·
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now imagine when your girl sees you spending that much on fuel for your other girl ;)
My other girl is a total *****. I just spent the best part of £9000 on it and it's still on axel stands :spank:

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
missus absolutely loathes valentines day :D the way we see it is that we shouldn't have to conform to some stupid made up 'special day' whereby everything costs 4 times more... trying to get out to eat somewhere is nigh on impossible as everyone squeezes into a restaurant and pays twice the fee when they just wanted to get out for a bit of quiet time together... its simple a bloody big farce.

I wont be surprised if alot of ppl stay home this year... Waitrose, M&S etc all advertising stay-at-home meals for two for £20... its lashing down all week and nobody wants the bother of what i've just described above.

in short its a pile of sweaty removed donkey blox served with custard. you can keep it.

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
missus absolutely loathes valentines day :D the way we see it is that we shouldn't have to conform to some stupid made up 'special day' whereby everything costs 4 times more... trying to get out to eat somewhere is nigh on impossible as everyone squeezes into a restaurant and pays twice the fee when they just wanted to get out for a bit of quiet time together... its simple a bloody big farce.

I wont be surprised if alot of ppl stay home this year... Waitrose, M&S etc all advertising stay-at-home meals for two for £20... its lashing down all week and nobody wants the bother of what i've just described above.

in short its a pile of sweaty removed donkey blox served with custard. you can keep it.
I agree, just a money spinning event. Why celebrate a day that means nothing to you both ? Why not celebrate the day you 1st met ? or something else relevant to you both ? That way you can both show ya love for each other, without some fooker bending you both over and taking you for a ride :)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
well, fwiw the £40 roses/custom card from good ole moonpig just made my girls day, she's sat crying at work lol.. well worth it imo you tight asses! + means I can now spend a few grand on the car without being shouted at :p

·
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Regardless of how many bunches of flowers I get her she'll always hate my Skyline. And just to add insult to injury I got lots of magic dust.

·
is it meant to do that?
621 Posts
Lilith is a florist......on any normal day of the year one packet of red roses (contains 20) would cost me around £9.00 from the auctions in Holland

The past week? £34.00 just for the privilege of buying wholesale - so I need to factor in the time making them up, other stuff to put in like greenery etc. the costs of wrappings, delivery costs oh and lets not forget staff wages, leccy bills etc etc.

I fully acknowledge how ungrateful this sounds but when the 20th person in a row who has entered the shop bemoans the price of the flowers and makes sarky comments automatically assuming that its greedy lil me thats put the price of stuff up just to cause havoc for his wallet....It kinda makes you question why you are trying to bother

1 - 20 of 23 Posts