Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Importing a late model R33 / R34 Jan 97 onwards!

With the current ESVA rules changed since November 2001 that all cars first registerded in country of origin after January 1997 have to officailly have a Government test centre approved model report, or you cannot get the ESVA certification needed to register your car in the UK.

Those of us importing late model cars have got around this rule since this date by getting the cars tested as disabled vehicles, as no model reports are available for any Skyline.
This loophole was due to be closed tight as from July 1st 2003, meaning no more late model Skylines or any other late model cars being imported by anyone at all after this date.
This has now been put back until October 1st 2003, so if any of you guys are thinking of updating to a late R33 or R34 etc, do it before this date because after this date: NO MORE LATE MODEL CARS!

I have spent a lot of time and money trying to get a model report done for R34's so we can continue to bring them in, but un fortunately even though they will pass a standard MOT emmisions test, the cars wont under any circumstance pass Euro 2 and Euro 3 test status even trying simple mods like adding an extra cat, etc to try to get around the problem. its no go!

What this basically means long term is that Skylines in the UK especially R34 cars will become very rare with no more new cars coming in after Oct 1st 2003 or in fact any late 97/98 last model R33's, so if you are thinking of updating, do it well before this date, because the door will be firmly shut. You will still be able to buy one, but unable to regsiter the car in the UK or Europe.

This has already happened in Australia since March 31st this year and totally buggered the Skyline market over there which was really big business down under.

The good news is that long term, Skyline prices will go up instead of down, as supply will be very very limited.
The new ruling has been written so well that there will be no way around this and doing the Disabled thing like we do now.

I hope this helps anyone thinking of a new car in the future

If anyone wants any more info on any subject like this, drop me a line on: [email protected]

Best regards

Stuart
Seaford Car Imports/ skylines'r'us

·
Registered
775 Posts
Roll up Roll up

Yes folks !!! I still have a mint Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T for sale, so get inthere fast b4 the price goes up !!!!

1998 NISSAN SKYLINE R34 GT-S.

2.5 ltr STRAIGHT SIX, TWIN OVER HEAD CAM, VARIABLE VALVE TIMING, SINGLE TURBO PRODUCING SOME:-

275 bhp AND 300ft lbs OF TORQUE (more TORQUE than a standard R34 GT-R)

The car has minor modifications of LARGER Downpipes and FULL TRUST Induction Kit. It also has a £3k NISMO full body kit, Xenon lights, Climate Control, Air Bags, PAS, PAB, PAC, Traction Control, Category 1 Thatcham Alarm inc Full Closure System. 4 New Tyres, all Wheels in Good Condition (No Scuffing or Marks)

I have installed a very nice and expensive Blaupunkt Hi Fi Stereo system with a 5 CD auto-changer in the dashboard. (To save you having to go to the boot to change CD’s !!)

I have had the car for a year and covered only 8000 miles in it. The car has only covered a total of 27,000 miles. The car has never been used on a circuit and has been used as my daily pride and joy for Sunday drives out in the country. It has been cleaned, covered up and garaged for the last 6 month.

The car has recently undergone an extensive valet where I have also cleaned the engine and engine compartment; the rest of the car is in immaculate condition.
I have a service history from Japan for the vehicle and also a UK service history.

I am asking £17,995-00 for this very exclusive (wolf in sheep’s clothing) nearly new car.

Contact Steve on 07800 021 620 or 0118 933 2831

Or E-Mail [email protected]

·
BigBoy
216 Posts
Oops, forgot to fill in the rest !
I have, for £7.5k got what i have been after for 3 months, an R34 GT-T 1998 Auto (tiptron) with 25k miles...
Its on UK soil, but i gotta go through the long process of making it road legal.....
So, Am i right to think the car has to have/hire a model report ?
And am i right to think, u cant get the ESVA without the model report ?
What if there was a way that i didnt need to get the model report, could i still get it ESVA'd ? :)
Stu

·
Registered
333 Posts
This is a very old thread mate the rules probably been updated by then. Jusging by the numbers of skylines being imported i would guess that the above posts are now no longer the case.

Butuz

·
Salad Dodger
2,345 Posts
TwoSkyLife said:
Yes folks !!! I still have a mint Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T for sale, so get inthere fast b4 the price goes up !!!!

1998 NISSAN SKYLINE R34 GT-S.

2.5 ltr STRAIGHT SIX, TWIN OVER HEAD CAM, VARIABLE VALVE TIMING, SINGLE TURBO PRODUCING SOME:-

275 bhp AND 300ft lbs OF TORQUE (more TORQUE than a standard R34 GT-R)

The car has minor modifications of LARGER Downpipes and FULL TRUST Induction Kit. It also has a £3k NISMO full body kit, Xenon lights, Climate Control, Air Bags, PAS, PAB, PAC, Traction Control, Category 1 Thatcham Alarm inc Full Closure System. 4 New Tyres, all Wheels in Good Condition (No Scuffing or Marks)

I have installed a very nice and expensive Blaupunkt Hi Fi Stereo system with a 5 CD auto-changer in the dashboard. (To save you having to go to the boot to change CD’s !!)

I have had the car for a year and covered only 8000 miles in it. The car has only covered a total of 27,000 miles. The car has never been used on a circuit and has been used as my daily pride and joy for Sunday drives out in the country. It has been cleaned, covered up and garaged for the last 6 month.

The car has recently undergone an extensive valet where I have also cleaned the engine and engine compartment; the rest of the car is in immaculate condition.
I have a service history from Japan for the vehicle and also a UK service history.

I am asking £17,995-00 for this very exclusive (wolf in sheep’s clothing) nearly new car.

Contact Steve on 07800 021 620 or 0118 933 2831

Or E-Mail [email protected]
This ranks as one of THE funnist car adverts i have ever read - its a beauty :doh:

·
Registered
910 Posts
So whats the latest on this topic then people?!?

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
thats becuase they were either sold before the rule came in and the Vspecs were sold by Middlehurt Nissan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts