Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The vibration starts at around 2500rpm, doesn't matter weather the clutch is in or out, moving or stationary, it did happen after doing lots and lots of doughnuts with a diablo in a tunnel, this is when my gearbox failed as well, don't know if it's connected or coincidence? I have the gearbox out now, just wanted to eliminate anything else while I was at it, what else could cause this?

The vibration stays throughout the rev range and makes the car feel as if it doesn't want to accelerate rather than before it wanted to go.

It was bouncing of the rev limiter quite a lot while doing doughnuts, I know it's bad but the tempatation was too much I've heard oil pumps don't like this, but could that cause such a vibration?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Stewart

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Is it a audible vibration if that makes sense, or is it felt through the whole car as if somethings touching/rubbing

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
more felt through the whole car really, it's not as noticable when cruising, but under load/acceleration and when revved stationary.

on a side note when the clutch is depressed does anything move/turn after the flywheel?

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
have you done a comprestion test

the standard ecu cuts the fuel on the rev limiter so it could be det thats caused some piston or bore damage in turn causeing the vibration you are feeling

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Has the vibration only started since the head went belly up??
only things after the flywheel that turn are the release bearing and gearbox input shaft, but you have replaced those haven't you

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Compression is good across the board, problem is exactly the same as before I changed the head, it's good to know that the release bearing and gearbox input shaft still spin even with clutch depressed, I didn't realise that, maybe it's just the gearbox that is causing all these problems, is that a possibility?

Either way I'll be putting this new gearbox in over the next few days, hopefully that will fix it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
my car used to vibrate. turned out to be a dead cylinder. :p check that out.

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to let you know changing the gearbox has fixed everything :) my god I'm glad, she feels perfect in every way now, pulls hard and fast and nice and free flowing :) Can you tell I'm happy :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts