Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just nosing around at a few vintage cars on done deal for a project, rang a guy who told me to look up IVETA in Portlaoise. They do vintage insurance, now i know that there is nothing special about this but why aren't people doing it for the skylines or am i missing some thing (probably am so please tell me:)).
On their site it says 15 years or older for the car!
Would they just turn us down because a skyline is not seen as having a classic stance to them??

I mean I wouldnt mind the 5k distance (approx) distance limit, use it during the summer and just pay the 3-6 months tax:naughty:. It would be garaged during the winter months anyway having parts changed or modified or whatever.
Thoughts on this??

·
3,402 Posts
I just got classic insurance for the skyline this year :)

Campion insurance, ask for mike I'm the portlaiose office.

You have to join up in iveta bit I got my quote for €385 Inc €25 for membership, compared to €820 that liberty wanted. Was looking on the policy and it didn't say anything about milage but just have to be over 25 and have a second car

·
Registered
113 Posts
I hav classic on my 1993 r33 gtst but restricted to doin 5000miles a year wouldn't evn do that any way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok, so the proper terms are classic insurance and vintage tax.
Thats another thing that bugged me too, Is it 30 years or older from the current date, or a set date of 1980 or older for vintage tax of 48 euro?
(You dont have to NCT a car if its registered before 1980 too:))

There seemed to be a bit of a debate in what I searched in that the likes of skylines and twincams and the like were in some sort of group to classic insurance companies that they wanted them to be an extra 5 or 10 years older than other cars they insured. But I see above that a few lads have got the insured.

The place in portlaoise does do 15 year old tho:) That to me isnt 'classic', ah well better for us.

Thanks lads

·
Registered
227 Posts
Lol yea 15 years I abit "new"

but I'm not sure about the tax I think it's stuck at pre 1980 for the vintage tax but Im not sure about that
Well Unless its changed since I had my ' 77manta on the road two years ago, the vintage tax break was a thirty year rolling limit. Must get that yoke built again, I wonder has anyone tried to wedge a skyline motor in one yet ?? Hmmm :yum:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I hav classic on my 1993 r33 gtst but restricted to doin 5000miles a year wouldn't evn do that any way

what company are you with mate? iv rang quite a lot an its a nightmare tryin to get it, flux told me to ring back when I had my license 4 years which I have had for over 4 years now but thought they wer jus givin me the run around :/

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got mine through Ballantines in Tobermore m8 had my policy with them for near 3 years now 1st year got it as future classic?? now it's classic dnt know what the difference was but payin peanuts 4 insurance with them :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
cheers the hanlin I go through now to drive the skyline is not worth it, iv hada go get a wee 1.2 corsa fully comp and a drive any car policy then pay for my mum to insure the liner in her name so its insured.. mad! lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's a bit mad m8 I only knew about that company cuz I asked the fella I bought mine off were he got his insurance deff give them a bell iv had no hassle with them if u want there num I can send u it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts