Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vipec has produced replacement ECU boards and adaptors for the original ECU on Mitsubishi EVO 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9. Subaru WRX 1995-96, 1997-98, 1999-00 and 2001-2007. Mazda MX5 and RX7. Toyota GT4 and MR2. Nissan SR and RB engines.

The original motherboard and connector are removed from the ECU case, and the ViPEC motherboard and connector, clips or screws into the case. The original harness plugs in and the job is done, no wiring and all original sensors are used. External view of ECU case and connector is unchanged from its stock appearance.

Most plug-in ECU have an internal 2.5 bar map sensor. Optional 7 bar map sensor available. External map sensors also supported.

Considerable gains in power across the complete RPM range can be achieved with these boards. Both road car and Group N rally car versions available.

Allows full control over fuel, ignition timing, boost pressure and all other engine functions. All boards have QuickTune software and optional Anti-lag.

All boards are supplied with base programs are available. Some final tuning will be required.

With the current price and availability of Apexi Power FC`s this is a very affordable option concidering you will not need to purchace new airflow meters etc as it is a map based system.

Available for the following models :-

R32 GTST
R32 GTR
R33 GTST
R33 GTR
R34 GTT
R34 GTR

The price is £1495 supplied, fitted and mapped with all dyno printouts etc.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Look very similar, if not the same as the Link G4 plug and play ECU.

Still a good price and I might be interested in one after the new year.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I'm very interested getting this ECU from you guys. I have a few questions though:

- Can you still use the consult port for diagnistics with this ECU? I can't find any related info in the manual.
- The manual says that there's no knock sensor inputs, so basically there's no way to retard timing if knock is detected (it's not detected at all)...?
- The manual says as well that the ECU requires an IAT sensor, is it supplied with the kit or you install one yourselves (inluded in price)?
- The manual also says that you can use either wideband or narrowband closed-loop, which one you recommend? I already have an AEM UEGO if it helps...

Thanks

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will lose the factory consult diagnostics.

The ecu does not have built in knock control but you can connect a knock amp to it and it can then do all sorts of things if knock is detected. We have used a KS4 unit linked to it before. (www.phormula.co.uk)

Air intake temp sensor comes with the unit and is included in the price.

I would wire your AEM into the ecu and ditch the standard narrow band.

Richard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts