Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to work yesterday near me i had to go by one of their check points. Luckily for me they had already pulld someone over and they were beginning to check tyres etc.

My first thought was "**** - car is new to me, its loud and i dont know how rich it runs"

I know they can issue prohobition notices. Anyone had any experiences?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I’ve had a full prohibition notice and my MOT revoked by VOSA.

Pulled over for a headlight out and they checked how loud it was, checked my tinted rear windows. Everything turned out to be legal so he went over it with a fine tooth comb. Even Jacked the car up.

Managed to find a split CV Gaiter "Oil spotting on the inside of the wheel" served a 10 Day Prohibition notice.

Now it gets interesting.... My MOT had been done 3 weeks before, mentioned this and revoked my MOT on the spot (Well after the 10 days).

Not best pleased.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
My personal scare story about VOSA was when I was walking through the woods with my sister when I was younger. We came across this house in the clearing and it was made of pure gingerbread so we thought we'd take a closer look. When we stepped inside there was an old wizened lady wearing a bright yellow safety smock who offered us chocolate and candy canes and lemonade. We spent a wonderful day eating and drinking and singing songs. When the time came to leave we walked outside to find the tints on the car were a shade too dark and my MOT revoked!!!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
These b*Sta*rds are out to get any victim that they can, anything
from tinted windows to oil leaks they will also check diesels and HGVs
for red diesel and scrutinise tachographs for drivers hours offences.
the police will also be on they look out for people with outstanding
warrants ect. just looking for easy targets. cocksuckers !!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The do it on the A47 bypass at Thorney in Cambridgeshire as well as the Eye green roundabout there. Dont think there many owners out my way though near peterborough

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I read in the press a few months back that VOSA and the police had been allocated extra funding and their powers increased. It also said that roadside checks including emissions would become the norm rather than the exception, all of which is why I began rethinking my strategy for the wife's Skyline..

I've replaced the decat with a high flow sports cat, then I got to thinking it would be nice to be able to have two exhaust systems, a straight through and a legal one, and then be able to switch between them!

So I began looking to see if it was possible to run two back boxes and some sort of divertor valve, which led me to poke around the exhaust system in detail, where I made a useful discovery.

I had always assumed that the second "active" outlet on the liner backbox was simply an additional switchable path. Only after wedging it open to guage the effect did I realise it's actually a straight through path! But as it only opens under hard acceleration and for a short period it's pretty much wasted, soooo..

The above experience led to my how to post in the tuning section, where for those with the NIssan dual mode muffler system, or other versions with the actuator mechanism, it's actually possible to have the best of both worlds!

If you have the actuator on the rear box then most can be modded as per my write up in tuning. I now run a straight through exhaust system which I can switch to normal at the flick of a switch. I really can have my cake and eat it, with the sports cat and this mod the gains are considerable, but with no risk.

Aitch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts