Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
happy new year lads hope its a good 1 and all goes well for us all including our skylines .as you all know mines an english reg one bought an 200sx at the weekend and was checking the vrt on it then i checked the gtr couldnt believe it . it dropped from over 4k to 2200 maby some of you thinking of buying one mite like to know this

·
if its not jap its scrap
422 Posts

good lad whare did ui get the price of the vrt for the gtr my r32 is uk reg 89 and still vrt is 3345 not 2200 only wish it was :dunno:

·
Registered
211 Posts
happy new year lads hope its a good 1 and all goes well for us all including our skylines .as you all know mines an english reg one bought an 200sx at the weekend and was checking the vrt on it then i checked the gtr couldnt believe it . it dropped from over 4k to 2200 maby some of you thinking of buying one mite like to know this
Ared those prices from the VRT website?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yea vtr seemed to have dropped alot, its down to under 5k on an r34(my car) and it cost me nearly 10k when i got it just over a year and a half ago.

·
if its not jap its scrap
422 Posts
um

Wright can anyone tell me why the vrt if the car was registered in the UK is 1445 euro more than if the car was registered in japan first the book value on the ros site between japanese reg-ed cars and UK reg cars is crazy my book value if i put first reg ed in the UK is 9955 and if from japan 6640euro some ting not wright there

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i cant make that out cause i also have a 200sx with the gtr and its cheaper than an s14 jap to vrt bud

·
if its not jap its scrap
422 Posts

I now mate is crazy just cant under stand it makes no sense at all tried to print it off there to post it up but wont print give it a go mate try putting in my 89 gtr in as first reg in UK then put it in as jap see the differ crazy

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ye just done that ter bud the ters 1200 in the the differene thats a joke i done my 95 gtr again and it came back 2200 im putting mine in as 1st reg in japan even though its english reg but its on the tax book when it went into england check your tax book are you sure it was sold new in england ye

·
Registered
33 Posts
Most skylines in both ireland and uk are grey imports.

It doesnt matter if your car has a uk reg or not, if it was origionally imported from japan it will go through the vrt system as jap.

Check your UK V5 form, it should state on it if the car was ever imported to the uk, which it probably was, if it was you'll have to pay the vrt jap rate, if it says it hasnt been imported you'll be hit for the uk rate.

·
if its not jap its scrap
422 Posts
vrt

The car came through the UK and was reg in japan first. At least that's sorted now so it will be 2200 happy days thank god i didn't pay it straight away when i bought it id be very sick now:apuke:

·
Registered
33 Posts
The car came through the UK and was reg in japan first. At least that's sorted now so it will be 2200 happy days thank god i didn't pay it straight away when i bought it id be very sick now:apuke:
Your sound so, it'll be charged at the jap rate:bigthumb:

·
gttjohn
953 Posts
sorry lads ive been following this thread/post but is there any additional charges you have to pay when say buying a car from abrod like vat aswell as vrt

·
AKA The Torque Monster
1,096 Posts
sorry lads ive been following this thread/post but is there any additional charges you have to pay when say buying a car from abrod like vat aswell as vrt
Hi john. You only have to pay vat if it is under 1year old or has less than 6000 on the clock.
I payed €4255.00 4 years ago. :mad: durthy robbin basturds.

·
Registered
33 Posts

From inside the EU its only VRT and shipping. So from the uk its buy, vrt, drive!

From out the eu(japan) its alot more expensive.

You'll have to pay;
Price of car plus shipping;
10% EU duty on the above as it enters the eu
In ireland then you have to pay 21.5% VAT on all of the above(they actually charge you VAT even on the EU tax you've already paid, paying tax on tax....only in ireland:mad:)
Then you've to pay some coustoms clarence fee's

After that its VRT. Simple:bigthumb:

·
Registered
427 Posts
If ur bringing one in from Japan ul pay 10% import tax on ur bill

Den after paying that, they will add it to your bill and charge u vat on that,

Finally for the tripple whammy wen they tell u to pay vrt!!

Tripple tax and technically illegal in the EU, if only i had the money id fight it in court!

·
GTT GTR
144 Posts
Just a quick question lads when you bring in a gtr does it come under the new tax bracket? (2000 grand a year)..........

1 - 20 of 23 Posts