Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come theres never anything going on re: car meets/events/etc in Wales. I get E-mails from other car groups which have meets and events going on but nothing from Skylineowners. Couldn't we do a joint one or somat so that we can all get some meets/events started and get all us skyline owners motivated to do more?
Thanks. Thwish

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
im sure our new rep aberboy is on the case neil,i did two meets when i was rep,and both times i was the only skyline there,theres a few more members now so things might be better

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Right Ive been doing a little exploring of the roads near me, and have found some awesome roads, and all with new tarmac, may involve so coming back on oneself to avoid single track lanes etc, but will be worth it as the roads are fantastic. So as long as its ok with Aberboy, i propose that we have a sunday drive out, and then a cheap pub lunch, afterwards. If anyone is up for this, let me know and i will get the full route mapped out, a sort of welsh treasure hunt, with the roads being a prize, and maybe a small prize for the winner, :D

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
treasure hunt

Oh yeah me and satans lover (me girlfriend) are up for a treasure hunt. Aberboy i'll pm you my number and well get some numbers off more members and get some ideas and put somat together. I'll come up with somat and post or e-mail you mate. Any one else want my e-mail/phone no pm me privately and i'll get in touch.
Many thanks. Thwish
Ps i might not have my car by then but as long as you dont mind having a volvo estate tagging along were up for it. Yee ha

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'd definatley be up for something. I should be getting the car back in the next 3-4 weeks, so heres hoping!

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Okies, hows about around the xmas time, give everyone the chance to get their cars sorted, and a good bit of notice, will speak to the lady that runs the pub, yummy food, and at good price, will find a good route that will take in the road featured on top gear, back down the new road to abergavenny, and then through to Brecon and back down past the other yummy road featured on topgear, will set the route up, give u all a map, and there will be things to collect along the way. I will give Aberboy a ring this week and meet up with him to sort this all out and we will get it sorted, about time we did something this way.

Im also thing a bit tortoise and hare, as i will probs be doing this in the ax, but i have the advantage of knowing the route, should be an awesome drive out, on some fantastic roads. Was back up on topgear road again today, love it up there, took my mate from Reading up there he was awestruck :D

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Ok if we aim for the weekends either side of xmas, whats your thoughts on then? Can you post up when you wont be available, if this is a success, hopefully we can make it a monthly thing, and expand our routes so that we can meet up with the southwest people, and maybe even a north meets south meet when the weathers a bit better.

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Ok then, will look to that weekend, probs be the sunday, cos the roads are quieter, hmmmm i think a xmas theme is in order, a tinsel trail around the beacons, first one back to the pub gets a free......... kiss from Aberboy under the mistletoe (Im so gonna get a slap for that :grinno:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts