Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my car book in to be mapped on Friday...Just wondering if anybodies had any dealings with them....and thanks to Darthpalmer for the offer of help...

·
Always sideways
4,260 Posts
Ummm, not to rain on your parade but they were sh*te. Never heard anything good about them from anyone else either.

Failed to diagnose a problem with my steering/alignment after an hour on the ramp. Bottom line, a tyre-fitter sorted the problem (a massive bubble in the inside wall of the tyre).

Unless they are under new management, avoid like the plague.

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Ummm, not to rain on your parade but they were sh*te. Never heard anything good about them from anyone else either.

Failed to diagnose a problem with my steering/alignment after an hour on the ramp. Bottom line, a tyre-fitter sorted the problem (a massive bubble in the inside wall of the tyre).

Unless they are under new management, avoid like the plague.
any buisness will have bad experiances but from what you have experianced it does not sound like you were ripped off?

so what if they couldnt find it?, does that mean that their mapping isnt any good?

i think you will find they are highly respected on vauxhall forums, lots of people have good things to say about them including myself

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
I'm with Chris I'm afraid. Have heard lots more bad things than good. Not to say that they won't do a good job or that all the stories are true but i wouldn't use them all the same.
Did you manage to get the emanage wired in second time round then?

·
Scotland Area Rep Aberdeenshire
3,249 Posts
i've had my car in there to have work done to it. i found the work to be very poor and also when they took it out for a test drive they smashed it into a bmw and it took 12wks for car to come back thats all i can say about them

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Have to add to the funeral pyre I'm afraid, I tried for several months to elicit a single response to a simple query via phone or email on DBA brakes, bearing in mind they had the UK import franchise at the time. I have copies of the 6emails I sent in my email sent box, I got one answer, which totally failed to answer my query.

So I resorted to the telephone and was eventually connected to a guy (I think his name was Russell..not sure) who was very polite and tried (the operative word) to help but failed dismally, I knew far more about the products than he did. This scenario was repeated several times over the next few months, not on one single occasion did I receieve the return call promised over and over again.

The story runs true to form, when you have a half witted shower with more knowledge than your mother but not enough of that or the resources to fullfill the task in hand this is the result. They have more ambition and talk than capability INMHO, fortunately for the majority they will never fullfill that ambition, I believe they have now lost the DBA deal.

In brief I wouldn't buy a spark plug from them.

Aitch

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hmmm ok...I just really dont want to drive all the way to London to get it mapped...
yip got it working Darth thanks...
think i might take it to the garage instead....

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
why would you drive all the way there just for that, my family live near a few tuners and they aint as far as london ( hiteq, hyper sr, dp motorsports, middlehurst, rc developments and poss more ) plus you have THE GARAGE in scotland ) pm speedr33per he knows more about them )

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
damn blitzer you beat me to it

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Have to add to the funeral pyre I'm afraid, I tried for several months to elicit a single response to a simple query via phone or email on DBA brakes, bearing in mind they had the UK import franchise at the time. I have copies of the 6emails I sent in my email sent box, I got one answer, which totally failed to answer my query.

So I resorted to the telephone and was eventually connected to a guy (I think his name was Russell..not sure) who was very polite and tried (the operative word) to help but failed dismally, I knew far more about the products than he did. This scenario was repeated several times over the next few months, not on one single occasion did I receieve the return call promised over and over again.

The story runs true to form, when you have a half witted shower with more knowledge than your mother but not enough of that or the resources to fullfill the task in hand this is the result. They have more ambition and talk than capability INMHO, fortunately for the majority they will never fullfill that ambition, I believe they have now lost the DBA deal.

In brief I wouldn't buy a spark plug from them.

Aitch

i never realised they have such a bad press on jap forums lol, russ has been building cars for years...his astra was in the last two TOTB's..

gavin supplied me lots of parts...sometimes he was willing to supply these parts for free just to see what i thought of them

·
In dentibus anticis frustum magnum spiniciae habes
9,524 Posts
I have to agree with the majority, although I have used their dyno and bought Ferodo DS2500's off them, I have not heard anything but bad reports, one account I heard from a reliable source was that a mate of a guy whos Subaru was in for fixing texted him to say he saw him speeding around Aberdeen like a loony on saturday night, when in fact it was in Wallace Performance's hands and actually was involved in a shunt, the guy got the subaru back in bits awith a sorry, I have heard plenty bad, nothing good about Wallace Performance and I would avoid like the plague as well. Go to Checkpoint in arbroath and Calum will get the Dentist to map it for you thats where Im taking mine, had good work done there so far.

But its up to you, just look at the facts so far, Needforspeed, Eric, Darth and myself have already slated them, try elsewhere mate

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
You can only speak as you find, and it's impossible for anyone to get everything wrong every time, and the recipient of the good service in this case (T.F.S) is at least deserving!

What we need to remember is that being willing to help doesn't always mean one can! It's simple to provide mechanical materials by way of assistance, it's a bit different when the material required is grey matter and you have none in stock!

Aitch

·
Scotland Area Rep Aberdeenshire
3,249 Posts
I have to agree with the majority, although I have used their dyno and bought Ferodo DS2500's off them, I have not heard anything but bad reports, one account I heard from a reliable source was that a mate of a guy whos Subaru was in for fixing texted him to say he saw him speeding around Aberdeen like a loony on saturday night, when in fact it was in Wallace Performance's hands and actually was involved in a shunt, the guy got the subaru back in bits awith a sorry, I have heard plenty bad, nothing good about Wallace Performance and I would avoid like the plague as well. Go to Checkpoint in arbroath and Calum will get the Dentist to map it for you thats where Im taking mine, had good work done there so far.

But its up to you, just look at the facts so far, Needforspeed, Eric, Darth and myself have already slated them, try elsewhere mate
Tex calum is fitting the new turbo and mapping at the moment cant wait to try the td06

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
You can only speak as you find, and it's impossible for anyone to get everything wrong every time, and the recipient of the good service in this case (T.F.S) is at least deserving!

What we need to remember is that being willing to help doesn't always mean one can! It's simple to provide mechanical materials by way of assistance, it's a bit different when the material required is grey matter and you have none in stock!

Aitch
well i asked gavin to have a look at this thread and address some of the points raised here if he feels he should

russ i have known for years online...given me much advice and seems to be a very accomplished engine builder

any other points ill leave to gavin/russ

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry guys but this is out of hand and not backed up by anything solid...i mean a friend of a friend!!

I have dealt with Wallace performace on many an occasion. not opnly are they a fantastic bunch of guys but they always go the extra mile....Russ and I worked on the Skyline till 0330am on many an occasion!

If you actually look around you will find many hundreds of Big power evo's built by them, with the owners more than happy with the result.

Russ's expertise is second to none, and if he does not know the answer to a question, you can be damn sure he will know someone ( RB etc ) that will help out.

Bottom line is that they ARE a good company and there books confirm this,,,trying to get booked in is very difficult due to the sheer number of cars they deal with!

So wind your neck in guys and use with confidence!

Regards
Izi

Chris F

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
They fitted a subaru oil filter to R33Stus car which fell off a day later and covered his drive way in oil. Fact.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ok Facts -

Filter ordered - Filter fitted, car taken away and next day filter popped the seal when used.

Wallace then sent a recovery vehicle to get the car and also sent round a cleaning firm to remove oil from drive way.

It turned out that the filter although ordered fo rthe R33 was in fct for a different model.

The car was back working ASAP, and since then the car in question has been back for further work.

So why the beat down on this company!!

How many companies would send out a cleaning company?!?!

Izi

1 - 20 of 22 Posts