Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to get a set of GTS-T hubs and brakes that are in good condition to do a conversion on my R33 GTS...

I've done alot of things to/for my car in the space of a year, but am now pretty skint/in debt for that reason..

I really want to get my new wheels on...they are sat in a corner in my house just waiting on the 5-stud hubs and GTS-T brakes etc... & in-time to make it to the Paul Walker Tribute up at Santa-Pod come the 18th of Jan 2014..
:attention:
I am based in Southend-on-Sea, and am asking if anyone can help me out with a 'Buy now /Pay later' kinda deal or perhaps a very generous donation for a set that you just want rid of to create some space etc.. ?

My car wont exceed 60 mph at the moment because of the worn/warped GTS brakes and my wheels are also not balanced nor tracking corrected etc..

If anyone could help, I cannot begin to describe how much I would appreciate it.. and would love to be able to put my foot down at least a little when attending the tribute.

Thanks for looking at my request

Regards

Martin aka : SKYLINE-NOOB

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
You've got worn / warped brake discs but decided to spend your money of engine dress up stainless covers, rip of NISMO gear and a
Go faster bonnet ..LOL

Priorities should be put in order.. Sounds like your driving a dangerous car around.. !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Ahhh man! Why didn't I think of asking for stuff for free instead of actually saving up and paying for it.

What a mug I must be!

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You've got worn / warped brake discs but decided to spend your money of engine dress up stainless covers, rip of NISMO gear and a
Go faster bonnet ..LOL

Priorities should be put in order.. Sounds like your driving a dangerous car around.. !!

I'am not 100% sure what the problem is, I've had the tracking and balancing done once..but the steering still judders when approaching 60mph.. and Have been told it "could" be warped disc's ...but I dont know..

But i really wanna loose the nakered looking 4-stud Chrome Vaults I have at the mo.. since they are on 4-stud GTS Hubs and the breaks are tiny..

The only possible knock off Nismo gear is a rear sunstrip...so am not bothered about that at all..

As for the bonnet..it was under £100, and would have got the GTS-T Hubs n Brakes 1st if a set were available...but they weren't at the time and I really liked the bonnet..

I don't drive the car often enough at the moment for the judder to be a major concern...but in saying that it IS a priority now especially with a fairly long trip up to Santa Pod early in the new year..

All the jobs I've done on my car are all jobs I've wanted doing and/but didn't have a plan in place to do any of the mods in any set order..

Rather than keep my fingers crossed for a free set of hubs & brakes.. I would however be interested in any info regarding a 'Buy now Pay later' arrangement...so that at least the steering is sweet approaching and exceeding 60mph..

I could prob get some cash together but its just finding a decent set that's my problem at the moment I've been after them for Months but have never come across any :(

I admit the car could be safer hence this thread....as I really want to get the problem sorted asap...

Do you have any idea on the approx price I should pay for 2nd hand GTS-T Hubs and brakes etc.. ready to the conversion.. ??

Regards

Martin.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ahhh man! Why didn't I think of asking for stuff for free instead of actually saving up and paying for it.

What a mug I must be!
LMAO.. :dogpile: I just figured if you dont ask : you dont get ...and who knows my prayers could be answered.

But realistically I just want the GTS-Hubs & Discs etc as cheap as possible and in the best condition possible for the money I pay, or ideally a 'Buy now/Pay later' arrangement. - Martin.

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Warped discs dont cause vibration until you actually brake so you still need wheels balanced

·
Noob until taught otherwise :D
289 Posts
Why not see if someone would swap the 5 stud conversion for the 4 stud rims seeing as you have 5 stud rims waiting to go on?

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Possible Swap !??

Why not see if someone would swap the 5 stud conversion for the 4 stud rims seeing as you have 5 stud rims waiting to go on?
Because I already have someone who wants them wheels, (in exchange for getting my Bonnet, roof and spoiler wrapped..

I do however have a 15" Alpine Type R sub, or an R33 Rear Windscreen that I am willing to swap for the complete conversion kit !? - Martin

·
NORTHERN IRELAND AREA REP
8,637 Posts
Why not just get the discs you have skimmed if thats the problem until
you can get the 5 stud stuff.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Why not just get the discs you have skimmed if thats the problem until
you can get the 5 stud stuff.
For the price of replacement disc and the hassle of having to leave your car with no discs on whilst the skimming takes place I would say its not worth the hassle.. Just buy new set..

·
Registered
903 Posts
Because I already have someone who wants them wheels, (in exchange for getting my Bonnet, roof and spoiler wrapped..

I do however have a 15" Alpine Type R sub, or an R33 Rear Windscreen that I am willing to swap for the complete conversion kit !? - Martin
Why not sell the wheels to pay for the hubs & save to get your unimportant parts wrapped another day chap?
It seems to me you have your priorities a bit muddled!
That's no dig by the way,just an observation,that is do you really need panels wrapped or do you need hubs etc?

·
NORTHERN IRELAND AREA REP
8,637 Posts
For the price of replacement disc and the hassle of having to leave your car with no discs on whilst the skimming takes place I would say its not worth the hassle.. Just buy new set..

No point buying new if gonna be replaced for gtst stuff.
As for time and hassle few hours will cover it.
Plus at least car will be safe on road.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had a problem with my steering wheel juddering when I exceeded 60mph turned out I had a slight buckle in my wheel from the millions of pot holes on the roads where I live.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Ive got 2 rear s14a 5 stud bearings and flanges for the rear if anyone can confirm theyre the same??
Was for converting the rear of my s13 to 5 stud but never got around to it lol! If they are right you can have them for cost of postage bud. If right theyll bolt from rear onto your rear hubs

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Try http://www.crnproducts.co.uk they always help me out....

As for the judder I had the same problem a few years ago turned out it was the front suspension & I cured it with a new set of coil overs :dogpile::dogpile::dogpile:
Hi dude, Coil-overs are on my list of 'Things to Buy' too.. But I have already swapped the original suspension for Tein Springs and different rods? ..and thats not made any difference or stopped the steering from spazing out either.. :/ - Martin

1 - 20 of 27 Posts