Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rob, Just a thought for you. Have you not thought about using Nistune over your PowerFC
Yes I have but as far as I know I would need a ECU from a 300zx or R32 then install the board into that, then to even get the car running it will need mapping. Just sounds like a lot of hassle and probably more money at the end.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Have you thought about something like a HKS FCON VPRO replacement ECU as an alternative? They come up for sale time to time and are affordable and gives you more options than waiting for an Apexi potentially.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you thought about something like a HKS FCON VPRO replacement ECU as an alternative? They come up for sale time to time and are affordable and gives you more options than waiting for an Apexi potentially.
To be honest Iv not heard of it. Are they plug play and go or do they need mapping before you start the car ?
What sort of money do they go for ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah mapping required, is that the only reason you want the Apexi because you want to endure the frustration of mapping it on the controller?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yeah mapping required, is that the only reason you want the Apexi because you want to endure the frustration of mapping it on the controller?
No its what’s been recommended by RB Motorsport and a few people on other forums As the best bang for buck. I just want the car to have steady power through the Rev range and not hold back till 5K like it does Without spending loads on £1500 Ecu’S and a tune on top. I know it will need mapping but the idea of plugging it in and the car driving till it gets mapped is appealing to me.

·
Vendor
254 Posts
Yes I have but as far as I know I would need a ECU from a 300zx or R32 then install the board into that, then to even get the car running it will need mapping. Just sounds like a lot of hassle and probably more money at the end.
I have them in stock as I supply, fit and tune with them all the time. You can plug n play, drive until you get tuned of course as you have have the board programmed with any basemap configuration of your choice, with launch control, flex fuel control and 3D boost control

1 - 11 of 11 Posts