Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just came into my email inbox:

Does anyone want their car to be part of a massive launch event for a new EA Sports driving / racing computer game along the lines of Grand Turismo?

The event is at the Top Gear race circuit and we need the cars listed below to entertain the World's computer games press. Professional race and rally drivers will drive your car with the press guests sat alongside. We will pay you a very reasonable price for the use of your car and you will be able to come for the day and watch the action. New tyres will be fitted to your car for the event, along with new brake pads. Although your car will be driven quickly, it will be driven sensibly by a professional with the full understanding that your car is your pride and joy and you do not want it damaged.

If you are interested please read the details below and email me with the details of your car and the price you would charge us for its hire to [email protected].

We are looking for road going, good condition current models;

Nissan Skyline R34
Nissan 350Z
Nissan 240SX
Chrysler Neon
Focus RS
Honda Integra Type R
Honda Civic Type R
Honda S2000
Honda NSX
Mazda MX5
Mazda RX7
Mitsubishi Lancer VII
Subaru Impreza
Toyota Supra
Toyota Celica GTS
Golf GTi 150 bhp

OUTLINE AGREEMENT FOR CAR HIRE

Cars must be delivered to the venue (Top Gear test track near Heathrow) by 10:00am on Monday 22nd September.

Cars must be supplied free from graphics. Graphics will be added to cars by a professional company, who will then remove the graphics prior to the return of the car.

Brake pads will be removed, new pads fitted and the original pads re-fitted at the end of the event. A qualified technician will carry out any work on vehicles prior to and during event days.

Tyres will be removed from the wheels, new tyres fitted and the original tyres re-fitted to the wheels at the end of the event.

Cars will be insured against theft and accident damage whilst on the event.

Component failure will be the responsibility of the owner.

Cars will be available for collection after 3:00pm on Wednesday 24th September.

Cars will be driven by a designated professional driver and are expected to complete approximately 100 miles over the 3 day period. If the car is driven by anyone else, for any reason, the vehicle will always carry a professional driver.

You will be paid for this!

Baz

·
Registered
469 Posts
Vaguely interested if they pay enough. Maybe I'll send them an email with a stupid amount and see what they say.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is risky if you ask me!

Firstly they won't pay for any mechanical damage (whats the insurance for, just for accidents?) and secondly they will be driving the cars HARD on a track for 100 miles. Plenty of time for knackered clutches, knackered suspension components and even turbo or engine failures if temperatures are not kept in check.

Also bear in mind for the newer cars among us that ALL MAIN DEALER 3 years mechincal warranty becomes null and void for most manfacturers if your car has been used on a track!

Hmm... There's not a cat in hells chance I'd let my car go in this event. Hell it looks like they are not even paying for an oil and filter change at the end of the event (which will be by all accounts desperately needed by that point) not to mention a new clutch by the sounds of it!

T

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Id say make me an offer and Ill think about it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yeah, I'm having second and third thoughts.

Guess it's all down to money. If they offered me £20,000 I'd say yes, if they offered me £20 I'd say no, somewhere in between is the dividing line.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
think back and remember what they did to Simon Norris's Evo when they let that guy drive it for the caravan towing record....

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Fair Point Tigs, the poor thing fcuked up.. Remember watching that on Top Gear..! Funny though they blew the caravan up instead..! Best thing for it really..!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
More than likely, never trust anyone with your car except yourself, is the moral here I think..!

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
I wouldn't even consider letting them have my pug let alone my Skyline...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts