Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse my language but - what a bunch of CNTS.

BRITAIN’S most profitable speed camera is netting cops up to £25,000 a week in fines.
The Gatso camera — hidden in the back of a van — has been nicking drivers at the rate of one every 95 seconds.
The hi-tech trap — and others in the Thames Valley Police area — are raking in so much dosh that cops cannot spend it all and are having to hand over more than £3million to the Government.
The £25,000-a-week camera targets just two roads in central Reading, Berks — Vastern Road and King’s Road.

Last Thursday alone it caught 152 drivers breaking the 30mph limit in just three hours 40 minutes.

Fed-up motorists have condemned cops for hiding the van in a bus stop, in lay-bys and on double yellow lines.

But police insisted these ploys are legal.
Some furious drivers have even resorted to jumping out and rocking the van — risking further action on top of their £60 fines.
PC Julian Weal, casualty reduction officer for Reading, admitted the cash being raised was “staggering and quite frightening”.
But he insisted police were not in the “numbers game”.
He said: “I would be quite happy to catch just five people every few days if the message got through.
You have people down there speeding at up to 70mph.”
Thames Valley Police is allowed to keep the cash it raises from speed cameras and spend it on road safety projects.

But the force has had to write out a £3million cheque for the Government after being left with an enormous surplus it has been unable to spend.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Thames Valley Police is allowed to keep the cash it raises from speed cameras and spend it on road safety projects.
How about recruiting more officers to walk the local beat in order to stop more crime, or maybe recruiting more officers in order to solve crimes once they've been commited instead of advising rape and assault victims that because there isn't enough evidence at that time and they are busy people they will not be continuing to look for the culprits? This makes me FCUKING sick and I do mean I feel physically sick thinking about it. I am SO fed up with this country. We pay taxes in our wages, we pay taxes on food, drink, electricity, gas, petrol, cigarettes, condoms, car parts, cars themselves, road tax, the list just goes on. Soon we will be paying for AIR FFS. If you were paid in cash by your company and as soon as you walked out of the office you collected your cash from your boss said "Gimme 22% of your money back so that I can go and buy a Jaguar for one of the directors of the company" what would you say? You'd tell him to fcuk right off. How about if that happened and you went into a shop to bnuy a chocolate bar and your boss came up behind you again and said "Right gimme 17.5% of what you've just paid on top because one of the board members needs a new wig" Again you would tell him to fcuk off. Why do we pay taxes? It's apparently so the company can continue running but the company is rich now. So rich it doesn't know what to do with it apparently. WANKERS!!!!!

Sorry Rant over.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Difference is you live in the country where if you tell yor boss to FCUK off, you get sacked, and in real life if you dont pay taxes you go to prison.

If you want to not pay taxes simple, live in a caravan and go around terrorising people at night and when the police pull you over, keep saying, mush, and dag a lot and they wont touch you.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Thanks Sarky that actually sounds like a really good plan. I think everyone should do that. Might teach the tossers a lesson. And Sarky about going to prison that was my point. You might not actually say the words fcuk off to your boss but you wouldn't give him the money, yet if you don't give it to the government who lets face it right now are not doing ANYWHERE NEAR enough for the amount of money they collect in taxes each WEEK let alone each MONTH then they throw you in prison. If you sign a credit agreement on a new car then you stick to the payments because you said you would, if you agree to pay back a loan at so much each month then you do it because you said you would. When did I ever say to Tony Blair, I'll pay you £500+ a month as soon as I get paid and then pay you another £300+ a month in VAT, IPT, Petrol Tax, Road Tax, Cigarette Tax, Alcohol Tax etc so that you can do absolutely no improvements to our road system, no improvements to the NHS waiting lists, No improvements to unemployment, Allow gun crime to increase and then when I lose my job you don't have to give me jack **** back mate you might as well go fight a war that has nothing to do with us, spend my money that way! The answer is I never did. That is my point. I'm all for law and order and I'm all for paying taxes in order to run the country but if you work out how much money goes to the government each month in income tax alone WITHOUT all the other sneaky taxes that they hope we don't notice they just DON'T do anywhere near enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts