Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I had no knock on my SAFCII
Only thing I can think of is Injector failure as the other 4 cylinders are pristine, no, broken lands and no melted exhaust valves!

Cant make it this weekend as the motor is still in bits.
I have ordered some 555cc injectors but would like your input to prevent this happening to my rebuilt engine.

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lean out, detonation and heat done that!

one of the worst i have seen too!
Thanks TFS
I always like to be best, even if it's at breaking stuff!
why only no's 1 and 6, is it injectors like I thought? or something else.

Also, tuners here don't know squat about skylines so what should my AFR'S be at the top end (ie 5000 rpm+), My wideband was showing what I thought was a nice safe 13.5 - 14.5 to 1 from tickover to about 2500 12.6 - 13.7 from `
2600 - 5500 and 12.3 above that to redline, should i go richer?:alco:

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
stock is 11.3:1-11.5:1 @ 1 bar boost on mine (higher up on rpm).......quite rich!

12.3:1 IMO is lean!, 11.8:1 is the leanest id like to see

cylinder one caught detonation too?, id want the injectors flow tested to see if those injectors have bad fuel delivery...

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stock is 11.3:1-11.5:1 @ 1 bar boost on mine (higher up on rpm).......quite rich!

12.3:1 IMO is lean!, 11.8:1 is the leanest id like to see

cylinder one caught detonation too?, id want the injectors flow tested to see if those injectors have bad fuel delivery...
Thanks for the info guys, top pic is #1, bottom pic is #6 I will be installing nismo 555cc injectors, I'll probably flow test them to make sure.

I thought 13.3 was a bit rich!!! Damn I'll be running 11 when I put my motor back together to be safe.
Thanks again TFS, I wish I had talked to you a month ago.

·
Camel Spotter
109 Posts
:eek: Why the super lean point at 2500?
From the Abbey Men themselves:

Gods of Tuning said:
Why have a seriuosly rich map when the car isnt on boost, In Abbey,s opinon you only need to run a mixture richer then approx 12.0 to 1 from when the car pulls boost which is approx 4000 rpm with your car. A overly rich mixture will hold a car performance back and just waste fuel.

But once it is on boost and around max torque you need a mixture rich to help stop the car detonating and keep the exhaust gases temp reasonable (ignition timing has a lot to do with Exhaust gas temp thou)

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
"...In Abbey,s opinon you only need to run a mixture richer then approx 12.0 to 1 from when the car pulls boost which is approx 4000 rpm with your car...."

Ok, don´t wanna argue too. But just one question: Why is your AFR at 4.000rpm sitting between 14.0 - 13.0 then?? In Abbey´s opinion that would still be too lean then, right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.