Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told by a mate in the force that the Guildford police have just taken ownership of 2 skylines!!! I have no clue yet as to whether they are 33's or 34's or even GTR or not, but they are definately real....if I hear any more info will let you know!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I hope the plod are not going to play dirty with you lot and run their skylines in civilian colours
:eek: :nonono:

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Don't like the sound of that!
Surprised that they'd use 'second hand' vehicles though. Suppose they could be imported new V35 Skylines. :confused:

Keep us updated Lisa!

·
Registered
953 Posts
oh dear be careful are they tuned ?

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Some forces will buy used occaisionally.

At least we should know quickly which ones they are as you guys know most of the Skylines in your area.

A few thundering silences to "was it you" requests should help identify.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
lol. If they are buying new V35 skylines then they really have no idea what they are doing. The V35 is more like a family car than a skyline. It doesn't even have the afterburners anymore.

I reckon they've probably bought a couple of 34s which will run in civilian clothes and it will hang around in Guildford where they know people race and when they do race the plod will chase em in the skylines. Sutton police where I used to live just up the A3 from Guildford bought a second hand Scooby and did the same thing.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
wonder if they will register :) on here :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
yep sounds about right unmarked perhaps slightly tuned as the scoobys used were tuned by prodrive

take care

·
Registered
953 Posts
wont be surprised so just be careful what you post ie speeds hit and racing

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Oh dear is this some sort of joke. Plod buying a couple of Skyline cop cars. Do me a favour. Does that mean Abbey Motorsport will become an approved plod car service station. First mod would be a Nismo Blue light front grill?

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Unfortunately this has been a long time coming really. Tokyo has had GTR police cars for a long time now. It was obvious that one day as britain became more of a public racetrack on extremely bad quality roads that the police would trick people into a false sense of security with Skylines and Scoobs etc.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
LOL thats 5grand Isaac ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
there was a post on the gtr forun not so long ago about 2 skylines on the M4 not far from Guildford stopped on the hard shoulder with a cop car....and no one owned up....makes you wonder...

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
To be honest if they have its pretty dumb thing to do really as the word will be out on the details of the cars and all the boys and girls will be keeping tabs on them very quickly.

It will only really allow them to nick a few more nova drivers as they wont be able to help themselves thats about it

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
what you mean they got taken away from them ... ahhhh and didnt get crushed. or maybe they are just still in the Pound.

I know how these rumours get started, until someone see's one or two with the black /white t-shirt possy inside, i wouldnt worry.

two points.

1) i hope they have trakkers on them, no insurance otherwise ;)
2) hope they put all the electrical equipment in the boot and it causes havok with the HICAS if you know what i mean....

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
i dont really care what the police drive though....... as long as they dont bait you into a game and then do you for it :)

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Legally they can't bait you into a game but I bet you a couple of them will.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts