Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a r33 gtst auto... iam loseing about 2LTRS of water every 350 miles.. ive had a preasure check....head check.... no water getting into oil, no leaks anywere.....anyone a clue ?????:confused:

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Thats getting more isnt it ? last time i spoke to you it wasnt that much.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is mate .. havent a clue !!!

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
time to have a look me thinks.

·
Registered
469 Posts
If you seem to have no leaks from the engine bay then maybe the heater matrix is leaking into the interior of the car ?

Any leaks from the engine should be visible just after turning off the engine when it's hot - that's when the temperatures get the highest.

You could also try removing the water filler cap and putting your hand over it when the engine is running (shortly after starting from cold so it's not too hot) - if you're head gasket is gone between a cylinder bore and a waterway then you should feel some pressure there.

Good luck

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks i will look at that.. mark your more than welcome to have alook mate...

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
If its leaking water from the heater matrix in the car then you would get steamed up alot and the carpet would probably be wet as well especially with ltrs of coolant coming out.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
my thoughts are, turbo hoses, slight leak, evaporating because of the heat the turbo causes.

Needs someone to look at it but you said someone had already checked it out bud ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All they done was a preasure test and head test... there no water inside and no windows steaming up.. no water on floor outside and in engine bay??????????????????????? anyone an idea..

·
Registered
469 Posts
If it's a slight leak like sarky suggests, then it might help to put loads of antifreeze in it - then where the coolant is coming out and the water is evaporating you should get a buildup of solids from the antifreeze which should be easy to see after a while.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks grebo i will give that a go ..let you no out come

1 - 11 of 11 Posts