Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was perfect autumn weather for washing the car, and this is the first time I have used a wax sealer as opposed to 'just' polish. Pity it's going to rain tomorrow....

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow awesome shine! is it that much harder than polish?
Once I'd got going, and the wax warmed up a bit, it wasn't actually too much effort to apply using the supplied foam pad. I worked round the whole car, then took a short break while the wax dried before buffing. I'd say under these conditions it wasn't much harder than using a thick polish like Autoglym.

I can imagine this being a pain to do in winter if the wax stayed rock solid though.

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
That looks properly good! Top tip for you though, go over the car with a Meguire's clay bar kit first to get rid of the tiny imperfections that show up Here's a pic of the wife's 33 after I clayed and waxed it to give you an idea :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
holy sh1t. thats some reflection
Bloody hell, I second that! I will always have a distorted reflection 'cos I didn't have the paint flattened before lacquering (mine was straight out of the gun). At ~1 month old I didn't think the paint needed claying yet, but I will do from next month.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts