Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch is making a funny noise when I push the pedal down. It sounds almost like a pneumatic motion but with the lubrication drying out. Anyone know if this could be fatal or if it can be remedied?

E

·
0 Posts
Mine makes a funny noise & i think Jocks 32 does too. Ours is the other way round though. Sound dissapears when pedal is pushed down. We came to the conclusion that its nothing to worry about & would leave it till it breaks.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Eddie, sounds like you and Jocks could well be the thrust bearing on its way out. Change it when you do the clutch plate and peace will return.

R32 look at your clutch fluid levels and check around for leaks. If it does it when stationary get someone to use the clutch while you grovel around under the car and try and trace it.

·
Big is beautiful
5,275 Posts
my honda makes that noise too, a bit like a dump valve but not as loud, it always been there i think

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Mine whirrs and grumbles when the clutch is not pressed, but geneerally after a good thrashing. Seems to be common on the R32. If I press the pedal it goes away, as Buster said, probably the THrust bearing or possibly even the layshaft or whatever its called. Still works fine so I will be leaving it til it dies.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
thrust bearing me thinks they usually make funny whirring noises. nothing to worry about.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I get a slight grinding sound almost like two plates of metal just shimming each other as the clutch spins but once I push the clutch down it goes away. This is no where near as bad as the sound was on my old GTS-T so am not worried about that. This is when I push the pedal down and as I bring it back up so it's actually the motion of the pedal which is causing the noise. Where can I check the clutch fluid levels and can they be topped up?

Edited 10:54

Just been outside and got Leanne to pump the clutch while I looked in the engine bay to see if I could see ANYTHING moving. The noise is actually more of a squeak when you're outside the car just like a dry mechanism but if the clutch fluid is held in what looks like a smaller Master Brake Cylinder right next to the Master Brake Cylinder than my clutch fluid is completely topped up. Any other ideas? Could this be a moving part which needs to be greased up and has just gone dry?

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok not to jinx it but it seems to be working fine now. Vert strange. I'm hoping that it was just wet weather recently maybe making it dry out abit as it's been so used to it being dry and hot recently and now it's sorted itself out but we will see if it comes back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts