Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me ideas for saving weight in my R33 GTS25T? I was thinking of maybe bypassing the HICAS and being able to completely remove it? Also, if you can, post about how much weight you'd save with each mod. Thanks :D

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
i think you will lose about 50 kilo's by removing the hicas

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
i think you will lose about 50 kilo's by removing the hicas
Surely thats only on the 32. Its just a electric motor, how can that weigh 50kg.

·
Registered
530 Posts
It depends how extreme you want to be, strip the interior except the drivers seat and you'll shed a few pounds, all soundproofing, door cards and headlining, and don't fill your tank full (car or you :guiness: )

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
I have binned the air con system from mine, i was surprised how much the whole thing weighed. Fitted a carbon bonnet, got rid of the spare, wheel jack tools etc. I have no idea how much i have reduced the weight by though. Are gtr seats lighter than std gts items?, as i have fitted a pair of those too

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Remove the air con thats one of the best ones.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Florida? The legal, illegal Skylines :)

If I have to go back, that is where I am shipping my GTRs.

Wheels, floating rotors. You can multiply rotaing weight by 8.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol. My main goal is that I'm trying to take as much weight out without messing up the interior/air con too much. I'm still 14 (turning 15 in September) and will eventually drive my R33 to school and such. Year-round it's hotter than hell here with summer temps in the high 90's, so air-con removal isn't much of an option -.-

·
Banned
96 Posts
Carbon fiber doors will save well over 50 kg...

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
remove everything in the boot,
get carbon mirrors, bonnet, boot.
get some lightweight wheels
bucket seats

1 - 15 of 15 Posts