Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought one of those meters that you install in the car and it gives you figures like 0 - 60, bhp, braking distance`s etc. You have to input the weight of the car into the device. I have a R33, gtr, 1996 model, any clue`s on where to find the weight of this model please ?
Thank`s.
Wayne.

·
Registered
577 Posts
According to Wikipedia it's approx 1,540kgs, which sounds about right. I think an R33 GTS-T is around 1,400kgs so that would make sense with all the 4WD gubbins.
I was surprised actually that Skylines have a reputation for being heavy, on an old episode of Top Gear the other evening, apparently a Porsche Carrera GT is 1,380kgs, and a Mk 1 Ford Capri was around 1,350kgs, so 1,400kgs doesn't seem too bad to me. Also I think from memory the McLaren Mercedes was over 1,600kgs.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheer`s for that info Maroon as i can set the gadget up now.
As you said, quite a few people have said to me that the Skyline`s
are a heavy machine. But hey they can still kick arse !
Cheer`s.
Wayne.

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
Go down your local tip and sweet talk them into letting you put the car (and driver, and fuel etc.) on their weighbridge.

I'd be very interested to know the results (i.e. actual weight rather than manufacturers claim). :D

To get any decent results from your new gizmo you need an accurate weight.

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
Cheer`s for that info Maroon as i can set the gadget up now.
As you said, quite a few people have said to me that the Skyline`s
are a heavy machine. But hey they can still kick arse !
Cheer`s.
Wayne.
hey wayne lat us know how you get on with this, i was considering getting one....also yr 1/4 mile times would be good mate.......keith

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Go down your local tip and sweet talk them into letting you put the car (and driver, and fuel etc.) on their weighbridge.

I'd be very interested to know the results (i.e. actual weight rather than manufacturers claim). :D

To get any decent results from your new gizmo you need an accurate weight.

Good Call, Never thought of that LOL

·
Mid Life Crisis Owner
938 Posts
This site says 1530kg for a 1996 GT-R

http://www.motortraders.net/imports/spec.asp?id=587

I've got one of those g-meter things. Don't forget you have to add your own weight into the equation :) and it helps if you have a co-pilot to push the buttons for you. I used my daughter - nice and light :rofl:

You need to find a nice, straight, quiet stretch of road with a 60mph speed limit (preferably private of course :) ) and do a few runs through 1st & 2nd gear to get a good average of bhp (ATW). Don't burn your clutch out with too many vigourous launches though - side step if you can :eek:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Briefly set the Performance meter up. With myself and a passenger we tried the 0-60 setting. We did 4 run`s, the best being a 4.8 sec`s. Need to try all the settings etc, but its harder than you think to get a good take off etc without spinning the wheels and weaving etc, lol. Will have another play this weekend weather permitting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts