Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if its possible to weld the viscouse diff on an r33 gtst(tramp drift style) or even better fit an open diff from something else that could be welded?

I know a 2 way lsd is the way forward, but there also 500 squid.

cheers

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
yep you can weld a 33 diff, bin the clutch's & inside you will see a planet with four prongs sticking out Really poo diagram below lol, weld these prongs to the cogs there are sitting on :D

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers mark

spot on reply....so how rough will it be round town and parking?...its mainly a playing out car so I can live with it not being perfect.

ta again

simon

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
its not to drastic you just get a bit of inside wheel scuffing when trying to turn tight corners at low speed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Okay guys i did a search and was planning on WELDING MY DIFF. my Question is:

Is it the same as welding a S13/s14 diff?

does anyone here have any pics or know how to do it the correct way?

thanks alot ..

i checked the link above but thats just adding the shims not welding it.

any 1? big BRUCE where you @ ? holla!

·
Registered
909 Posts
If you can weld a 13 diff you can do a Skyline one mate, its no different. Make sure its lovely and clean, and make sure to get the welds right in there!
To be honest, if you're not confident doing it it may be worth getting someone else to do it, as i dont know what would happen if the welds broke at an inapproriate moment..

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you can weld a 13 diff you can do a Skyline one mate, its no different. Make sure its lovely and clean, and make sure to get the welds right in there!
To be honest, if you're not confident doing it it may be worth getting someone else to do it, as i dont know what would happen if the welds broke at an inapproriate moment..

My friend will be doing the welding, he learned how to weld when he was in the navy! according to him and i quote this " if it can't be weld, it can't be fixed " lol

i just gotta let him know what to weld and by that pic above i didn't understand sht.. MARKPRIOR posted a pic but yeah! pics would be great on what to weld... i've been reading about this for the past 4 hrs... seen some s13 diff pics but nothing like the pics i seen compared to the r33 diff the inside looked different .. some one here must have a walk thru how to weld them. c'mon :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts