Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:attention::attention::attention:Hi, at some point during my R33s life it has had a bang from behind that has pushed in the back area that holds the rear lights etc.. and has concertiner'd? the floor of the boot slightly - resulting in the boot-lip slightly over hanging and the tail-lights sitting approx 0.5cm to low and water-leaks in that area are an increasing problem..

I have been offered a replacement boot floor and the rear panel that holds the lights etc and that keeps the shape of the boot area true..

But

I have no idea about how to do welding, and would like to take my car to a reputable welder in the Southend-On-Sea/Essex area that could do the job for a reasonable price and get everything lined up and looking as good as new-ish :) eradicating all associated water leaks!

:attention::attention:pLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!

Regards

Martin :cheers:

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
POSSIBLE BOOT WELDING LEAD

I have also been pointed in the direction of these guys to do the boot welding etc...so will be making a call tommoz to see if they can help me out - Martin

·
Registered Chump
1,944 Posts
Space saver ?? ...can you post a pic of that!? ..as am not sure what you mean? - Martin :cheers:
Spare wheel in the boot :)

the boot leaks along the seams and though the bolt holes the spoiler ataches too you can see the seam easy it runs along the 1/4 pannel

i think most guys use tiger seal all the way along it it worked on mine well once i sealed teh bolt holes as well.

when you take teh space save out dont be too upset if you find small rust holes it doesnt cost too mcuh to fix if you get friendly with the guy at the body shop :)

Check the top of you suspension struts at the front as well if you havent already

if your near portsmouth ill do it for you (the seal not the weilding )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts