Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well done to you m8. I could see the smile from ear to ear :rofl:

Hope to see you at some of the winter drift practice nights at Teesside :cheers:

Happy or what

And is that Eddie? "Get me out of here":smoker:

·
Administrator
25,965 Posts
yep paul well done mate:dogpile::dogpile::dogpile:

·
Premium Member
6,999 Posts
LOL, Cheers Rob :)

Yeah what a day! it was my first ever drift comp and i just wanted to get a feel what its like for next year so was just testing the water and my goal was just not to qualify last. I have only ever been drifting 3 times and really struggled so the morning was just what i expected, spinning on every corner.

It was only when Simon Perry kindly offered me some personal tuition to follow his lines that i started to get what it was all about and after a few laps, me being me could not resist to start twin drifting with him. All of a sudden i started not to think about what i am suppose to be doing and focused on the car in front and it all just clicked and with a few more laps i was in the middle of a train of cars on some occasions causing havoc as i as the first car and spun and so did every car after me lol

When i came to do my 3 qualifying laps and one practise i just drove like i had always been a drifter lol and scored 78 on my best run and qualified 6th in the amateurs.

The top 8 went on to the big track, which was at much higher speeds and my inexperience showed as i spun on every run.

I also had a chance to run in the top 16 as i had a 6 bolt cage fitted and on these 2 runs i never spun......got beat though lol with a 7/3 and a 6/4 but i think doing the twin drifting really brought me on and i felt a lot more comfortable doing this

Bring on the 2008 season

Cheers Guys for the support and Vicky i am young to some drivers that will be entering next year ;)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Come on in Scotty"

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
Well Done Paul. Just need to watch out for other drifters now :D

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
LOL, Cheers Rob :)

Yeah what a day! it was my first ever drift comp and i just wanted to get a feel what its like for next year so was just testing the water and my goal was just not to qualify last. I have only ever been drifting 3 times and really struggled so the morning was just what i expected, spinning on every corner.

It was only when Simon Perry kindly offered me some personal tuition to follow his lines that i started to get what it was all about and after a few laps, me being me could not resist to start twin drifting with him. All of a sudden i started not to think about what i am suppose to be doing and focused on the car in front and it all just clicked and with a few more laps i was in the middle of a train of cars on some occasions causing havoc as i as the first car and spun and so did every car after me lol

When i came to do my 3 qualifying laps and one practise i just drove like i had always been a drifter lol and scored 78 on my best run and qualified 6th in the amateurs.

The top 8 went on to the big track, which was at much higher speeds and my inexperience showed as i spun on every run.

I also had a chance to run in the top 16 as i had a 6 bolt cage fitted and on these 2 runs i never spun......got beat though lol with a 7/3 and a 6/4 but i think doing the twin drifting really brought me on and i felt a lot more comfortable doing this

Bring on the 2008 season

Cheers Guys for the support and Vicky i am young to some drivers that will be entering next year ;)

I enjoyed reading this post. You sounded like a kid at Xmas. Glad you have been having funl. :)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
That is blo*dy impressive Paul! Guess Shayne and Dan better watch their backs. There is a new drifter in town :dogpile:

·
Registered
919 Posts
ive been to the last 2 events at middlesbrough to watch the drifting all good fun!!!! and some crazy drivers 2!!! seen the nissan 200 go round a few times looks like it was doing well!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I cause havoc all the time m8.

There is a supercharger trying to get under the bonnet, if that don't work then i'll go jap.

·
Japspeed Drifter
766 Posts
"Come on in Scotty"

What the hell was going on there!
looks like scotty got a bit exited! your such an "all star" scotty! haha

Nice one paul, looking like a pro!
very impressive mate, im glad its all come together, wish i could have been there to see it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts