Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a long time but i have finally worked it out.
I know how to make the mirrors fold in when you alarm your car, and fold out when you un-alarm your car!!!
I have worked this out for cobra alarm systems and i am sure it will only need a little tweak to adapt to other brands like clifford.
And let me tell you, it looks sweet and its the little things....

·
Registered
962 Posts
This I have been waiting for...

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
It is great! Davegtst has had this on his car since I've known him though :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry, i dont mean that in a shi*y way, just last time i tried to help people, all my posts got deleted as "i was advertising"!!!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
..so we'll ask Davegtst to check his and post the connection diagram..

...and surely if you offer the info for free than there's no problem? Or were you considering selling the info?

Aitch

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
some alarms have a output thats programmable, so you can set a timed 12volt supply on it, but in order for me to work this out so that everyone can have this i will need to know what system they have and i could then possibly pm them and tell you what to do, or if anyone wants to come to me i can fit this mod and do the programming for them

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Clifford concept 600 :D

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i tell you all what, tommorow i will take some photos, and if its all right with people, i will do a "how to" and post it up, but if anyone needs there alarm programming, which 99% prob will, i will try to help as much as possible!
how does that sound

·
Registered
962 Posts
Sounds perfect.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
sounds good mate :) thanks for the bumper too, looks great :)

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
can you make a autowatch alarm do this?

·
Seasoned Member
221 Posts
Hi,

Very interested how mirrors are wired up to a concept 600 system.

I am having remote start fitted this monday and asked dude in autoelectrix shop if he could wire up mirrors this way.

He said they can only be wired up so they fold in but not fold out automatically when disarmed.

Any info would be great on how to do this, if only to make him look a nob.

This dude in autoelectrix shop broken a bit of plastic on dash. grrrrr.

Cheers and good work!

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
i tell you all what, tommorow i will take some photos, and if its all right with people, i will do a "how to" and post it up, but if anyone needs there alarm programming, which 99% prob will, i will try to help as much as possible!
how does that sound
Sounds great, no problem at all with useful stuff like this :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I can't bear the suspense any longer!! So can you tell us how you did it? It would be just great to get my mirrors work with my windows!!!!! Cheers.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
T.F.S, this is not bullshit and i would preferre it if you kept your "views" to yourself. Please dont take that the wrong way but there is no need to post something like that when i have gone out of my way to try and help fellow skyline owners! I am not trying to start a slagging match, just making it clear that i am not moaning about trading.
ANYWAY, sorry for the delay on the "how to" for this one, I have had to put it on hold as my grandfarther passed away during the week and to be honest, cars have not been on the top of my to do list, but on monday i will be doing a trial fit to maccers car as this will complete the alarm system i have fitted for him and its only fair that he gets the first one!
so with a bit of luck, monday evening should be the night that i get some time to post up whats needed to be done, but i am trying to make this mod universal so that everyone with a alarm can enjoy it so its taking a little more thought than i first thought!
Please bare with me!!
cheers

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Man am I happy this morning! WooooooHoooooo, just watched Carvolution putting the finishing touches to the alarm syatem on my car. HE'S DONE IT!What I hear you ask? Well when I arm the Cobra system the windows shut and the mirrors fold in, when the system is dis-armed, unlocks the car and mirrors fold out. To see it looks well funky. I gotta give this guy his credit, he has worked soooo hard, and dedication second to none. He was even trying to work everything out while he was on holiday. How's that for attention to detail. For anyone who wants to see this in action, I am going to be at Santa Pod for Japshow, come find me and I'll show you how it all works. You gotta see this crazy mod, outta this world. Once again first in the country. Ooooooh yes. Well done Carvolution, I would recommend him to anyone with regarde to standard of work and care, first class. One last thing, he does know what he's doing, I've watched and learnt alot, he's always explained exactly what he's doing and why. There's not many Trades people would do this as part of the Service. Top work Carvolution. A very big thank you.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.