Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its about time the Welsh held a big meet and Im hoping that this will be just that.

The date is provisional at the moment, have chosen that weekend as its just after pay day.

The plan:

An 80 mile drive out around the Brecon Beacons and surrounding area, on roads made for Skylines, concluded at a pub, for some warming food.

The challenge:
Collect the clues to get to the next destination, you will not be able to get lost! :D

I am looking to find cheap accomodation for anyone that will need it, and will offer a few beds myself for those who cant afford the hotel (though you must like sofas).

There will be a prize for the person who gets back to the end destination first, and a small donation will be collected off each participant for a local charity.

The route will take in three 'TopGear' roads, including my favourite one, which will have to be done twice :D

This is not a race!

If you are up for this or have any ideas, please put your name down in the usual way, and add your suggestions.

I will be posting up pictures of the route in the next week, to give you an idea of what it will be like.

Add your names below:
1. JoJoP

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Triv you got to come anyway!!!!

The last part of the hunt, is very addictive, i love it, and due to location you have to double back, as the rest of route isnt suitable for lowered cars, but I do think some people will forfeit the chance of winning to have another go at it.

Come on peeps get your names down as need to start sneakily printing all the info, hehe

·
Registered
5 Posts
count me in if my car passes its mot, i only live 2 miles from the cuckoo bend that jeremy clarkson loves to drift around

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I so want to do this but the timming is all so wrong
Awww Toastie, im sorry, but there will be another one soon after, so you say when and will organise the second one in your honour (which will give me time to perfect it, cos dont want to be shown up by the Tunnel run master now do i? :p)

·
5,050 Posts
Awww Toastie, im sorry, but there will be another one soon after, so you say when and will organise the second one in your honour (which will give me time to perfect it, cos dont want to be shown up by the Tunnel run master now do i? :p)
thanks honey me and galsky was thinking of having a little blast on the Sunday after the Skyline national day and heading back to the South East on Monday but still early days

If not I'm sure you could lend us the route

·
Gaz
96 Posts
:Uzi:hi ,not sure what to do, gonna take me about 5 hrs to get over so would it be worth coming down on the friday and if so can anyone reccomend any b+b's ?
also was wondering on start /finish times?
thanks
gaz
:Uzi:

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks honey me and galsky was thinking of having a little blast on the Sunday after the Skyline national day and heading back to the South East on Monday but still early days

If not I'm sure you could lend us the route
Good idea, we could have a run out on the Sunday as well for all who want to, and will show u the route and some other tasty roads :D

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:Uzi:hi ,not sure what to do, gonna take me about 5 hrs to get over so would it be worth coming down on the friday and if so can anyone reccomend any b+b's ?
also was wondering on start /finish times?
thanks
gaz
:Uzi:
Hey, will find you a cheap b&b if needed, or will get group booking on travel lodge, if have enough numbers for it.

Will probs start around 12ish, not too early as im a grumpy cow first thing :grinno:

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well Im suprised, there has been such a limited response to this tbh :shakehead:

I see Skyline everywhere, but never in a group, they must have repulsion fields on them in Wales, sorry but its sad, i seem to be the only welsh one that ventures out of the country and even when a meet is offered, the majority dont bother, meh!

A despondent and miffed JoJo!

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sorry jo i was interested in this but it clashes with a meet in e/a
Hun thats fine, its nice to know that people not in Wales want to come. Am going to see what the interest is like for the sunday after National day too, as would be a great way to end the weekend.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts