Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok slow car ahead, nothing coming the other way, traction control 'on' ("check"), nudge the tiptronic in to 3rd..mmmm...no 2nd (40 mph), ok we're away: hit the gas, ease out, hit the gas some more: WHOAH (slide), whoahoh (oops fishtail), oooooho, oooohhhoohoooyoooow....PHEW!

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
I have heard of it now you come to mention it mate.

Whats all this street racing my motor without me in it then Mr Moff ?

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Traction Control :

Definition

A sense of humour moment by the Nissan Engineers to make those who feel wet in pants situation a little calmer by seeing a light on the dash flashing, Thus giving the false sense of security you are safe.

They calculated I am sure you will be happy to see it flashing and done its job in 2-3 seconds, then just when your relaxing again, It turns OFF.

Ta ta back end.....

Leave it off.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I had turned it off, I would surely be lying back in the trees somewhere near Brentwood right now. Pretty sure it helps arrest the sideways, even if it does give yer a bit of a scare once in a while.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
it cuts the spark thats it, but it will just give up at some point and it wont tell you when. At least if it is off and you are trying to sort it out ive never been in a slide and then suddenly gone. Oh sod it, and just let go of the steering wheel and let it go.

learn to drive without it and then have it on and use it but when it lets go be prepared and know how to get your car back from the brink.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Street racing Buster, who meeeeeeeeeeee.

I would call it.......er.........trying to find out what the top speed was in each gear, and see how well my brakes performed under intense situations, there just happened to be another couple of skylines (and a cute little Starlet) practising the same thing at the same time in the same place going the same way.

I agree, turn off the TC, you don't wanna turn into an Audi TT driver.

Moff

·
Big is beautiful
5,275 Posts
the wet scares the crap out of me,you just cant get the parts easy enough to mend your car after playing dodgems on an ice rink!

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
i like the wet as long as its in my controlled conditions :)

R

·
0 Posts
My only complaint

I agree with all said, my only complaint is that the Sky can be a bit tail happy in the wet...........respect thats what is needed in wet conditions.

Roll on the summer!

Andy

·
Registered
339 Posts
I like the wet, it reminds me of my old rallying days, only diff. being the torque split kicks in so fast I dont even have to opposite lock to get it to straighten out. As for traction control button -- my car does'nt seem to have one of those!

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Again , so right mate.

Wet is good when your on a skid pan then you can play without the fear of hitting something.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: My only complaint

R34 GTT Boy said:
Roll on the summer!
Yeah you said it, Andy! I rarely get to use the speed due to traffic - cornering fast is all I have.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts