Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been given a bass tube and need an amp to run it off but haven't a clue what type/make to use. Anybody got any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
What make is the bass tube, how many watts does it say on there, need to know if the rating is DIN, RMS, MPO, PMPO, what else are you running in the car aswell. Has the tube got an internal crossover ?

Moff

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
To run just a bass tube you will probably need a mono channel amp or a bridgable amp (i think this is when you bridge two channels into one???).
I used to have a Kenwood mono channel amp a few years ago which was very good, ran a little hot, but very good.
I also had an Alpine V12 (bridged from memory), which was awesome, till it blew up in me mates Bimmer. D'oh.

There are a few ICE teccie in here somewhere that will probably give their advise.

kris

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
try a Phoenix Gold 4 channel amp, preferably the ZX range, but the QX is the entry level and they sound just as good....

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a Maxibass 120 watt tube. Nothing else in the car (ice wise) using an Alpine headunit. Doesn't give me any more info on the box except from general stuff, dimensions/sensitivity/response/impedance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts