Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at the moment i have no controllers or gauges or anything in my car, all i have is a front mount intercooler 3" downpipe with 1.5" screamer de-cat full 3.75" exhaust, apexi induction and 2nd stage boost mod. my car is now over fueling and needs abit of a setup, but......

in winter im going for 500bhp+
im obviously planning alot of mods including a rb30 transplant hopefully

now what im wanting to no is what controllers do people think i should go for as after winter with 500+bhp im going to need some good equiptment, theres so much stuff on the market im abit lost, theres lots of hks, apexi, greddy, blitz, and trust stuff available at decent prices, i also notice most people are using apexi safc avcr etc etc but is this stuff good for programming/mapping high power engines?

just wondered what people suggest as id rather only buy once than buy something then end up needing to change it after winter because its not good enough? i need something thats an all rounder.

cheers for any advice, jamie

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
apexi stuff is good (enough for high power engines) m8 :)
but the safc isnt really suited for a decent 500+BHP setup, you need the apexi power fc + controller

combine that with either the power fc boost kit or apexi avcr or greddy profec b spec 2

thats all the controllers you need

·
manual convert
583 Posts
think you can ditch the afm with the emanage ultimate ??
(so i read somewhere) correct me if i,m wrong.
i,m still using my afm, why ?? what,s the benefits not to ??
E-01 b/controller-programmer-display-datalogger arriving within
a week. (i hope) so can let you know how good that is.

bruce

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
if you want that much power go for a aem ecu as they dont need a afm to run and they give you launch control and full throttle gear change, speak to rising sun about them.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
If you want to ditch the afm (not sure why you want to) i'd go with either the AEM or MOTEC and a Greddy Profec B boost controller.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
You can have a polished intake with a AFM, running a power fc with a Z32 is a LOT cheaper than a AEM or MOTEC.

·
nails85
114 Posts
go for a apexi pfc with d-jetro and ditch the air flow meters and just use map sensors, or if you want launch control and full throttle gear changes go for hks v pro.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts