Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking when I sell my Evo5 that I would like a GTS 2.5T to have a good laugh in, so I'd like to know what it's like in the wet and on the twisties.
With the GTR it's great fun as the 4wheel drive kicks in?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like great fun, like the old rallying days!
With the GTR if I floor it coming out of a roundabout the back end steps out and then the system kicks in and straightens the car out, great fun.

·
Big is beautiful
5,275 Posts
frightens the life out of me in the wet!! lost it a couple of times the first time cost me a grand!!!

·
"A Skyline with 4 doors?"
380 Posts
They're all easily put into a slid if you want to. Just how easy and if it says in one depends on what you've got. For example if you have HICAS or not depends on how bad it will be once it breaks free, if you have to do the work to recover or if it will. A huge part of it is what tyres you have. I got crap for traction with the plain all season el cheapos and once I finally upgraded my tire size/width to match the power output and put on some WZ rated high performance Falkens my traction issues have almost disappeared.

Now the rear gets crazy only when I do! :D

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
My Falkens are great in the wet although I have to a)take it easy pulling out of junctions in the wet and b)really booting it when going straight as a couple of times its kicked out and i've nearly shat myself.

Luckily not lost it yet, but i'm a wuss who usually potters about anyway. Either that or totally floor it in a cloud of red mist.

One colour that doesn't suit a GTSt in the wet is 'red mist' :D

·
Big is beautiful
5,275 Posts
it cost me a grand as in new front bumper, lights, mended bonnet and rear light plus rear wing!!! and spraying, a right bottle tester that was only had the car 2 days and span it in the wet, the centre barriers took a right bashing !!!! drive like a pensioner in the wet now !!

·
Registered
154 Posts
It's a bit like having a motorbike, beware of white lines and drain covers. It all helps to wake you up in the morning, personally I think it is brilliant. :) :) :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Think of it like trying to steer a wet flannel round a sink!!!!!!!!!!!

FUN!!! - But a bit scary!!:D

Of course you could always drive really carefully and sensible like! (I don't believe I said that - sorry, I shall go and lie down in a darkened room until these ridiculous ideas go away):confused:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Old Boy Racer said:
Think of it like trying to steer a wet flannel round a sink!!!!!!!!!!!

FUN!!! - But a bit scary!!:D

Of course you could always drive really carefully and sensible like! (I don't believe I said that - sorry, I shall go and lie down in a darkened room until these ridiculous ideas go away):confused:
Amazing, what a thing to say, hope you feel better after your li down!:D

·
Registered
475 Posts
my old 33 gts ( with 346bhp ) was a right hand full

my 34 gtt with traction control is great just nail the throttle and let the lsd,hicas and traction control sort it out !!!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Gaters

One thing's for sure - sending your car down the road sideways is a great way to make tailgaters back off :D :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
A GTS can still catch you out in the wet if you dont pay attention.

I find that wet roundabouts need approaching with a little care and even coming onto a straight light up those rear wheels in 2nd
and 3rd:eek:

Not quite as scary as my old E30 325i which had a mind of its own at the rear as soon as there was a grey cloud in the sky.
They do have "widowmaker" as a nickname which would explain a lot:)

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Beachboy, being a bit new to this why are 265's a disadvantage, thought they would help. My GTS-T has 225 on fronts and 255 on back.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Wider tyres can be a hinderance rather than an advantage in the wet as the downward force / unit square is less due to th larger tyre surface in touch with the road leading to far too many GTS's having nasty curb / hedge incidents and worse during the winter months

1 - 20 of 23 Posts